Or_Gro’s tiny clone-off

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:09 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:39 pm
I can't really tell, hard to see these things with a picture, did the leaves droop at all compared to normal?
Teasing you, she just keeps lookin better and better...expecting big things from her!
If the leaves do not show signs of droop then it probably isn't intense enough and maybe a waste of power for no reason. I guess run it for a week or 2 and use your own judgement as to if you think it is doing anything or not. I think this would have more of an effect during the end stages of flowering rather than the beginning. It should change humidity also I would think.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:14 pm
Or_Gro wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:09 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:39 pm
I can't really tell, hard to see these things with a picture, did the leaves droop at all compared to normal?
Teasing you, she just keeps lookin better and better...expecting big things from her!
If the leaves do not show signs of droop then it probably isn't intense enough and maybe a waste of power for no reason. I guess run it for a week or 2 and use your own judgement as to if you think it is doing anything or not. I think this would have more of an effect during the end stages of flowering rather than the beginning. It should change humidity also I would think.
Actually, comparing spectra, there is a small increase from fr to ir...now whether that is enuff...

As far a drooping is concerned, i’m an expert already at making them droop....prob can name 5 ways to get there....

I thought i was trying to make the plant better....

Lol...blind leading blind, comes to mind...
ViridisHC
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:06 pm
ViridisHC wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 pm
Or_Gro wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:25 pm
Day 4: Pulled lids off, fixed leaks, topped up water, and dosed the “sterile” buckets w 15mLs working solution.

775B7A44-9B71-4CE7-B949-7E385D8D0965.jpeg

Also swapped out donut humidifiers far a 4L ultrasonic...

I really like the capability of this style donut:
1F91D374-7DAB-40E2-B203-A487B0AFB76D.jpeg
but it shuts off on some schedule i haven’t been able to identify, then rh drops into 40%s.

The floating style donut:
82EF21B2-8CD2-4133-945E-E580CB40C974.jpeg
runs continuously, but it puts out too much mist, soaking tent walls.
@Or_Gro I've been lurking on your grow logs for a bit. Assuming another Oregon grower? Wanted to ask if you could supply a link to that AgoHike humidifier as I'm having trouble finding it? I'm also experimenting using floating disc humidifiers for cloning except I've made some DIY fogponic type 3.5 gallon buckets. The floating disks I'm using work well but are quite a bit pricier. Another problem I believe I'm having is the floats for the disk are occasionally too rough with new cuttings if the water is too high. Seems like all of the cuttings that have failed have been physically broken by the floating disk self propelled movement in the buckets. I'm wondering if that type might work better for the method I'm using.

I've also been interested in tissue culture for a while and your log on it might convince me to pull the trigger on it, so thanks for that too! :)
Thanks man!

I don’t believe i’ve used or mentioned an agohike humidifier...
The donut style one. Sorry said AgoHike in the picture. Maybe that is why I can’t find it. :D
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

ViridisHC wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:08 am
Or_Gro wrote:
ViridisHC wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:21 pm

@Or_Gro I've been lurking on your grow logs for a bit. Assuming another Oregon grower? Wanted to ask if you could supply a link to that AgoHike humidifier as I'm having trouble finding it? I'm also experimenting using floating disc humidifiers for cloning except I've made some DIY fogponic type 3.5 gallon buckets. The floating disks I'm using work well but are quite a bit pricier. Another problem I believe I'm having is the floats for the disk are occasionally too rough with new cuttings if the water is too high. Seems like all of the cuttings that have failed have been physically broken by the floating disk self propelled movement in the buckets. I'm wondering if that type might work better for the method I'm using.

I've also been interested in tissue culture for a while and your log on it might convince me to pull the trigger on it, so thanks for that too! :)
Thanks man!

The donut style one. Sorry said AgoHike in the picture. Maybe that is why I can’t find it. :D
Google “donut humidifier”...
ViridisHC
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:59 am
ViridisHC wrote:
Or_Gro wrote:

Thanks man!

I did. Just figured might be better to go with a model someone has tested... See quite a few models and some of the reviews have pictures of where a fire was started by the power cable and wide range of prices as well...
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

ViridisHC wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:24 am
Or_Gro wrote:
ViridisHC wrote:

I did. Just figured might be better to go with a model someone has tested... See quite a few models and some of the reviews have pictures of where a fire was started by the power cable and wide range of prices as well...
I bought several of each version from diff vendors on amazon. For each style, they all seem to be exactly the same, in same packaging, even, so just buy cheapest one.
ViridisHC
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:41 am
ViridisHC wrote:
Or_Gro wrote:

I bought several of each version from diff vendors on amazon. For each style, they all seem to be exactly the same, in same packaging, even, so just buy cheapest one.
Also, you an Oregon grower or nah?
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:25 pm
Day 4: Pulled lids off, fixed leaks, topped up water, and dosed the “sterile” buckets w 15mLs working solution.

775B7A44-9B71-4CE7-B949-7E385D8D0965.jpeg

Also swapped out donut humidifiers far a 4L ultrasonic...

I really like the capability of this style donut:
1F91D374-7DAB-40E2-B203-A487B0AFB76D.jpeg
but it shuts off on some schedule i haven’t been able to identify, then rh drops into 40%s.

The floating style donut:
82EF21B2-8CD2-4133-945E-E580CB40C974.jpeg
runs continuously, but it puts out too much mist, soaking tent walls.
Why not put them on a timer? 15mins on, 15mins off.. They last much longer this way. Also make sure to use demi/ro water. Any minerals inside the water will age the membrane much faster and in the worst case the condensed humitity leaves a white mineral layer on any surface in your groom.

The better ones stop automaticly after a certain amount of time to protect the membranes from getting damaged. Often they mention a max. of 8h and at least a break of 30mins in the description. So if you put it on a timer it should no longer switch off at some point. If you find a minute timer you can use shorter on/off cycles to set a more precise humidity level but a little swing of maybe 10% back and furth should not be a big problem. The mist is condesing at the walls and even when the mister stops it will take some time until the water has evaporated so the swing is probably less like 10%.
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

If you want to heat up the leaf surfaces such a ceramic heater is probably more efficient. They also have no far-red so you could be sure the effects are only caused by the additional heat. They are also pretty cheap, a 200w bulb costs less than a 10er.
IR heater bulbs.png
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

ViridisHC wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:00 am
Or_Gro wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:41 am
ViridisHC wrote:

Also, you an Oregon grower or nah?
Yep