Testing/ UV added to LED setup

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
smt69
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

July 5th Update

Day 4 of 12/12...as per Or Gro i raised the light abit 3" so i can get more time with the UV. The whole fixture is now 15" above the canopy

I have been giving 1hr of UV treatment split in hour 15 min doses, OG thinks it might be better 1hr straight so I'll try that starting today...thoughts?

81F /60humidity
55,000 lux / 800ppfd.
UV exposure 1hr total

I may just let the pheno on the right grow straight up (looks like purple punch leaner)and scrog the left one a bit to keep them even. i'm hoping the left one is the dosidos leaner

TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Fluro take a while to heat up so better to run it for an hour I would say.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
smt69
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

yeah that makes sense Tech thx
I’ll see how 1hr straight per day for a few days goes,

I bumped them up a good 3” also just to be safe
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

@Randomblame
Any suggestions?
Indiled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Nice setup.
Looks like you have plenty of light and I hope the Uv makes buds super frosty.
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Until rb has some time to stop by....

My recco is to try lengthening exposure...first, let your new 1 hour block run a couple more days...if you don’t see any signif damage, i’d then add 15mins an hour earlier and an hour later than your current 1 hr block....if that is tolerable, after several days i’d add another 15 mins in another hour period earlier and later than the previous block....that would look like: 15 mins on 45 mins off, 15mins on 45 mins off, 1hr on, 45 mins off 15 mins on, 45 mins off 15 mins on.

If you can get away with that, then you can start filling in the empty 45 min periods...
smt69
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

That sounds great man, great idea, will do!
Last edited by smt69 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smt69
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Liquid silica

I've been feeding liquid silica to my nute solution since the start, for all its benefits but especially for added protection.

Researching around, I've read if you add silica to your nutes, it needs to be added first before anything else is mixed. Well crap ive been adding it as a suppliment last, or even a little bit here and there as a ph up.

Even on my nute directions it says to add silica before calmag and/or any micros.

Anyone know if this is imperative. Does it lock on to some minerals or be a potential problem in the long run?

I've been keeping nutes pretty simple this run, just using floranova bloom, calmag and silica
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I don’t know diddley about cannabis nutes, but i see a lot of guys likin silica in other media.

I hear it helps in avoiding stem rot, which i have to deal with frequently w seedlings, but don’t hear much about its use in dwc....so i’ll be interested in what you think of it...

How’s upping the uv time going?
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

@smt69 that's a very very nice light build cobba :!:

With those 10%ers I think the Gman would recomend an hour at lights on and an hour at lights off for 4-5 days and then ramping upto about 8 hours over another week or so.

For my 6%ers he recod 2 at on and 2 at off, then ramping to full 12 hours over the next week.