Bridgelux EB series gen 3 strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The led is really hot now, it has gone up to 1.3 watts, I will leave it for a while longer. I'm not running this on a heatsink it's just a pcb
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
BirdBare
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 am
The led is really hot now, it has gone up to 1.3 watts, I will leave it for a while longer. I'm not running this on a heatsink it's just a pcb
Your good. You made your point long ago. Let that baby rest lol
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

It's always in CC mode. The data sheet is confusing that's all. I was confused about it also and thought there was some sort of special circuitry in there but it doesn't seem to have anything special that I can find at all
BirdBare
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 am
It's always in CC mode. The data sheet is confusing that's all. I was confused about it also and thought there was some sort of special circuitry in there but it doesn't seem to have anything special that I can find at all
Ok I'll see if I can figure it out and come to the same conclusion. Are you in electrical engineering?
BirdBare
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks for the back and forth today. Really fun and I learned something!
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

It's gone back to 1.1W not sure why, I was holding my thumb on it before to heat it up faster. Unlikely if your set up was done right and the voltage adjusted that you would burn out any strips at all or cause any overheating should a strip fail with this method.[attachment=0]20190804_143822.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
20190804_143822.jpg
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

This is the led used to do this test, the pcb has been jumped where a resistor would usually be placed to operate it with constant voltage
20190804_144337.jpg
BirdBare
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I'm really surprised everyone here recommends a lower voltage power supply ran in parallel. I don't see a problem as your isolated from ground so with 24v vs 240v you still need to complete the circuit. What the deal with that recommendation?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The higher the voltage the easier it is for electricity to jump. On a pcb where things are located close together the increase in voltage makes this even easier. All things are made to a price and as consumers demand lower pricing quality keeps dropping. I wouldn't risk running a 240V system in series. I would run everything in parallel
BirdBare
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:51 am
The higher the voltage the easier it is for electricity to jump. On a pcb where things are located close together the increase in voltage makes this even easier. All things are made to a price and as consumers demand lower pricing quality keeps dropping. I wouldn't risk running a 240V system in series. I would run everything in parallel
Thanks man I am definitely going to think on this tonight.