Still no Gen3 release date?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
YYCannabis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Has anybody heard when the Gen3 strips will be available?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think digikey had 09.07 as the date for ages. Cant say if the date refered to July or September
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
YYCannabis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I saw that on DigiKey. Since I’m not familiar with DK, I don’t know how accurate that date is (Sept 7?). I Tweeted at Bridgelux and the reply was “contact DK or [some other website] for more information”. 🤣
They couldn’t even tell me when they are being released.
ViridisHC
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:37 am
I think digikey had 09.07 as the date for ages. Cant say if the date refered to July or September
They're based out of Minnesota so guessing it's September 7th as it is the "freedom" format :lol:
Labgrown
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I could give a f*** when the gen3's are coming out, I just wanna know when the gen 2 Vesta strips are coming out using the diodes on the gen 3 EB's
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I think that bridgelux are either clearing out old stock or having problems with bins. It has taken them a really long time to release this.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Labgrown wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:12 am
I could give a f*** when the gen3's are coming out, I just wanna know when the gen 2 Vesta strips are coming out using the diodes on the gen 3 EB's
Before vesta was the go to source for 90CRI, but the EB gen3 will also have 90cri strips with a single channel. I think most people will go straight for 2700k, and skip the 5000k channel.

That said, it might be what ever reaches the market that gets nabbed, the wait is getting ridiculous. They have not even started dumping the gen1 vestas yet, so the next gen 90cri might still be far away.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Hopefully I will get my new strip released before them, I still have more tests to conduct over then next few weeks though
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
The_Mouse_Police
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

If G strips aren't in stock on 9/7, I'll break down and get a bunch of Vestas. Been waiting too long already.
overdriver
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:37 pm
Hopefully I will get my new strip released before them, I still have more tests to conduct over then next few weeks though
is there more information about the strip you are going to release?

kind regards