EB GEN3 BUILDS

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
slimeball
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

This will be my third build I just ordered 10 2ft strips @ 3k and a XLG-200-24A. Any thoughts on this build? I have multiple 2ft x 4ft spaces.

Also could you guys share your Gen3 builds or ideas?

I will be ordering more in the next couple days.

Another thing is what would be an efficient driver to power 2-3 2ft strips for a cloner.

Thanks in advance.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

For your cloner I'd suggest the 48v 250mA Thomas Research Products driver... it would work on 2EB's in series, or one Vesta where both channels are wired in series. This would give 12w, so perfect for a small space, and would work with 1 foot strips too.

For a larger driver there's the 22v 40w model which would run 2 2foot EB's.

Both of those are in the high 80's efficiency wise. It's hard to find anything more efficient at these power levels. Maybe pay 6x more for a HLG which has 2% better specs.

With the XLG200 you will get about 170w. I have 3 in a 4x4 and it (35DLI) was a little too much for the start of flower, one plant looks light stressed. Should have started with the light higher. Your PPF with an efficiency of 2.7 adjusted for space would suggest a ppfd of 575, and it would give about 2.1DLI/h, 24.7DLI per day.

I would put 6 of the strips on the XLG, and get 2 40w TRP drivers to drive the remaining 4 strips. This way you could start one 40w driver at the beginning of flower to hit 30DLI and add the other one when further into flowering. Another option could be adding a little red. If your looking for high efficiency, there is nothing stopping you from running all 10 on the XLG... would not need much cooling.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
slimeball
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:15 am
For your cloner I'd suggest the 48v 250mA Thomas Research Products driver... it would work on 2EB's in series, or one Vesta where both channels are wired in series. This would give 12w, so perfect for a small space, and would work with 1 foot strips too.

For a larger driver there's the 22v 40w model which would run 2 2foot EB's.

Both of those are in the high 80's efficiency wise. It's hard to find anything more efficient at these power levels. Maybe pay 6x more for a HLG which has 2% better specs.

With the XLG200 you will get about 170w. I have 3 in a 4x4 and it (35DLI) was a little too much for the start of flower, one plant looks light stressed. Should have started with the light higher. Your PPF with an efficiency of 2.7 adjusted for space would suggest a ppfd of 575, and it would give about 2.1DLI/h, 24.7DLI per day.

I would put 6 of the strips on the XLG, and get 2 40w TRP drivers to drive the remaining 4 strips. This way you could start one 40w driver at the beginning of flower to hit 30DLI and add the other one when further into flowering. Another option could be adding a little red. If your looking for high efficiency, there is nothing stopping you from running all 10 on the XLG... would not need much cooling.

Thanks Unkle_Psycho, I really appreciate the knowledge. I plan on adding red also just looking for the right diodes. I'm really more on the efficiency side.