Drivers not outputting correct voltage or are my readings wrong?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

That's part of the deal with knockoffs, who knows? It works though.
Indiled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Blussum wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:23 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm
So it works properly when you have the dim pots disconnected right?
Shouldn't the voltage be much higher with these drivers? And if the other driver is outputting 6.27A and the other something over 5.9A, then aren't they over much what the datasheets says about their amperage, and UNDER with voltage if it doesn't even adjust to 48V (or even near it in my case)?

And if my QB's are rated to run at 48V 2.7A, then how isn't there gonna be any problems with them?

I wish i understood what's going on :D
They aren’t really 48 volt boards that’s just how they are advertised or classed.Just like the lm301b is advertised to be a 3.0 volt diode but it’s not it’s 2.6-2.8.
Instead of looking at drivers as 48 volts look at voltage range they put out.

If you were getting 48 volts then I’d be worried about authentic diodes.
Your driver should be putting out 16(2.6) to 16(2.9) and that’s a range of 41.6 to 46.4 volts which is what you said in first post.

Go watch ledgarden YouTube videos,he shows how to adjust current on type of driver you have.
Blussum
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Indiled wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
Blussum wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:23 pm
TEKNIK wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 pm
So it works properly when you have the dim pots disconnected right?
Shouldn't the voltage be much higher with these drivers? And if the other driver is outputting 6.27A and the other something over 5.9A, then aren't they over much what the datasheets says about their amperage, and UNDER with voltage if it doesn't even adjust to 48V (or even near it in my case)?

And if my QB's are rated to run at 48V 2.7A, then how isn't there gonna be any problems with them?

I wish i understood what's going on :D
They aren’t really 48 volt boards that’s just how they are advertised or classed.Just like the lm301b is advertised to be a 3.0 volt diode but it’s not it’s 2.6-2.8.
Instead of looking at drivers as 48 volts look at voltage range they put out.

If you were getting 48 volts then I’d be worried about authentic diodes.
Your driver should be putting out 16(2.6) to 16(2.9) and that’s a range of 41.6 to 46.4 volts which is what you said in first post.

Go watch ledgarden YouTube videos,he shows how to adjust current on type of driver you have.
Yeah that might be the case indeed, i tuned them to put out 5.4A @ 45V (plus minus some inaccuracy from the multimeter), so about 245W with both kits with full power, then i mapped out the dimming settings from 0-100% so i can control the wattage as i like. Running them a little bit lighter so they should be more efficient too. According to my wattage meter 2 boards draw near 280W down to 25W from the wall with these settings, not sure how accurate that is tho.