HLG QB288 V2 Rspec Driver Question

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello everyone I am a nube but glad I finely pulled the trigger and ordered 4 of the HLG QB288 V2 RSPEC & SLATE 2 SINGLE Combos because of the shape of my grow area (3'x6') I didn't want the HLG 550 V2 RSPEC. I will build a aluminum rack to better space them out to match my closet area. I want to wire all 4 in series and have a remote dimmer. the HLG 550 V2 RSPEC comes with a Inventronics EUD-600 driver but I am a fan of Meanwell drivers . Can someone smarter than me please tell me what Meanwell driver I should order to run all 4 boards in series and have a remote dimmer (potentiometer).
Thank You
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Do you know what exactly the model is of the inventronics driver they use?
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

no all I can find out is its a Inventronics EUD-600 driver
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

My suggestion is to use a HLG 600H-54AB and run them in parallel then use an Illumi 0-10V driver to dim them and set time. I think you may need another power supply to the controller as I don't think the mean well HLG range is always powered on with the remote wires, I maybe wrong but have a good read through the data sheet
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you for your suggestion. I would like to apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge, but I have a couple of questions.
#1- Why use the HLG 600H-54AB instead of HLG 600H-54B?
#2- I there a simpler way for me to drive my qb288 V2 Rspec boards? (when you suggested to run them in parallel then use an Illumi 0-10V driver to dim them and set time) you were way above my head I barley understand how to hook up the potentiometer for dimming.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Connecting in parallel is usually easier, the other reason I suggest to connect in parallel is if you change your boards at some stage you will be able to match new boards to the driver easier.
AB over B because you can get the best of both worlds with an AB and you can also back off the voltage as a saftey precaution if you want.

You mentioned you wanted a remote control dimmer. The illumi meshtek product can dim to off and also allow you to set time so you won't need an additional timer.
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you for the information it was very helpful I went ahead and ordered the HLG-600H-54AB. can't wait for it all to get here, I will post to forum when I get started on my build.
Thanks again
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Glad you asked the questions before purchasing, alot don't and end up in trouble.
Cheers
brucealmighty
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have my aluminun frame made and all 4 heat sinks mounted. I am ready to wire it up, I have 4- QB288 V2 RSPEC & SLATE 2 SINGLE COMBO from HLG and I have a meanwell HLG-600H-54AB. I am confused about how to wire it to the boards. The meanwell driver has 2 sets of outputs, should I wire it as 2 sets of 2 boards in parallel ?
Attachments
meanwell.JPG
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

brucealmighty wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm
should I wire it as 2 sets of 2 boards in parallel ?
That'll do the trick, two boards per output. Internally, those two separate outputs are wired together, it's all the same power. It's just that 11amps is a lot of juice for one set of wires, so MeanWell puts two sets.