Heatsink Recs

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Starting to think about a DIY COB build for a 4 x 4 tent with 9 Vero 29C's, and 3 Mean Well HLG-320-1400 drivers. Should drive about 94 watts per light if my calcs are correct. Using the heat sink selection formulas on the site it seems like I'll need heatsinks with thermal resistance of .8 c/w. Id like to use passive cooling sinks. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should look at?

Thanks
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

100W on passive is a tall order. You'll a heat sink that's like 180mm or so.

Something like this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 417aNdTnmh

I searched around a bit and haven't seen anything this big for sale in North America yet. I have ordered from Jerry at Kingbrite before and have nothing but good things to say, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like KB has anything that big that's pre-drilled for Veros - only CXB3590. I don't know anything about the company in the link above.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thank you LEDG, If anyone sees anything let me know I’m going to take some time to get my supplies and plan everything out so may switch over to active if need be. I was just trying to take the easier route
kmb
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I went direct to cooliance, their distributor never got back to me but they did. I ordered 4 heatsinks no problem. Their customer service was great and prices were comparable to other heatsink suppliers. I had to specify how I wanted my holes drilled and tapped, but it wasn’t too hard to come up with a drawing (paint or illustrator would be fine) and you can get the hole pattern off the Bridgelux spec sheet. Then pick where you want mounting holes.

Specs are here http://www.cooliance.com/NA/Products/LE ... RO29SE.php

Something like the CPL127 would probably work.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

kmb wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 am
I went direct to cooliance, their distributor never got back to me but they did. I ordered 4 heatsinks no problem. Their customer service was great and prices were comparable to other heatsink suppliers. I had to specify how I wanted my holes drilled and tapped, but it wasn’t too hard to come up with a drawing (paint or illustrator would be fine) and you can get the hole pattern off the Bridgelux spec sheet. Then pick where you want mounting holes.

Specs are here http://www.cooliance.com/NA/Products/LE ... RO29SE.php

Something like the CPL127 would probably work.
That's really cool. I didn't think they'd sell direct; thanks for sharing.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Thanks KMB for the info on Cooliance. I have reached out to them to see if they would deal directly. At the very least hopefully they can let me know a distributor that will at least try to help me. I also found these guys who might have some solutions:

http://www.led-heatsink.com/Bridgelux_LED_Cooling.phtml

Has anyone ever used them?
TiJay
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Greenmoss1310 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:00 pm
Thanks KMB for the info on Cooliance. I have reached out to them to see if they would deal directly. At the very least hopefully they can let me know a distributor that will at least try to help me.
Wondering if you got some response..?
Greenmoss1310
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

A little late, but I did get a response from compliance. They forwarded me to one of their distributors and I was able to order the proper heatsinks. Thanks for the rec.
Capt. Saicin
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Greenmoss1310 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm
A little late, but I did get a response from compliance. They forwarded me to one of their distributors and I was able to order the proper heatsinks. Thanks for the rec.
Care to share? CoolianceEurope hasn't responded to my two mails asking for small scale dsitributors in Europe...
maomao
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Would also like to know, can't find any Cooliance distributors in Europe.
Update: Meanwhile there's www.telerex-europe.com, haven't tried them yet but they seem to have some affordable options.