First COB build, does it look ok?

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
Leblanca
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I decided to change my 2x 1000W HPS bulb for some led COB array.
This is the first time i put a cob lighting system together so any advice is welcome.
The cob selected are CXM-22-HM-61-54-AC30-P1-3-ND , I hesitated and contacted the manufacturer as the MIGRO LED are using the gen4 chip and this one is the gen3 but the manufacturer told me there would be more light in the specific spectrum for plant growth with the HS series compared to the gen4 series. I'm sure eventually there will be a gen4 HS version of the chip, it's just not there yet.
Each cob will be driven at a maximum of 56W so 51.5V at 1.1A, I intend to dim it down as this would pull about 900W for 16 cob.
The driver selected is HLG-240H-54A as I'm powering my system with 120V, there will be 1 driver per 4 cob all located remotely outside the tent for a total of 8 driver.
The chip holder is a LUMAWISE Z50 HOLDER 2828 GENERAL
Some thermal pad THERM PAD 228.6MMX228.6MM GRAY
I'm still looking for the heatsink but I'm trying to find something under 20$ that is passive cooling, maybe this Heatsink?
Will use some L aluminium bracket 1in and make the frame to support the heatsink.
Will run some 18 AWG solid core to each series of cob in parallel from the driver outside the tent.
Last edited by Leblanca on Fri May 08, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

What country are you in?
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Leblanca
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Im in canada, specifically in edmonton.
Leblanca