Advice for a New LED Builder

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Lghammer
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey there all, this site is super useful and inspiring. I've watched a fair share of Videos pertaining tonnes of great LED light building knowledge, and plan to keep watching & learning from them.

I first built my grow tent with these 2 50w lights and figured "they fill the space well, it'll be fine". Through my experience I've come to figure out that lighting has a grand impact on plants and effects all other variables in growing ideally

So I taught myself some 3D design work and started invisioning some awesome full spectrum LED Lights. Customized 1 strip roll to have UV, Green & NearRed diodes + a strip that's more common for the distributor using 3000k+6000k LEDs

Making 3 types of lights :) Lights for a 2x4, Lights for a Humidity Dome & Lights for GreenHouse supplemental lighting
Here's how the 2x4 Lights are looking: https://imgur.com/TV2FqsJ

Something I could really use some help with:
- buying what type of wire & where to buy it . 18 awg solid copper wire Spending loads of time looking for a Canadian supply of bulk wire (50-100ft), making prototypes rn and they're designed with an ability for me to be making them for sale in the future after I do my own research studies

What do y'all think of this wiring? https://www.amazon.ca/Monoprice-Nimbus- ... ics&sr=1-3 <----Would this do for the meantime? & Do I need to look for PowerSupply wires with wall plugs aswell ?

Thanks for taking the time to read, I really appreciate it
Peace
-LgHammer
Flint Town Brown
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

the link you shared is for stranded wire. i think solid core is recommended.

check for 5 or 7 terminal underground irrigation system wire. i found it at Home Depot, but it's available on Amazon. you have to remove the outer insulation layer, then separate and spool each color, but it's alot cheaper than buying 2 different spools (one for Pos & another for Neg) of 18ga solid core wire.