4x4 build? Eb 2700k cri 90 vs rspec quantum boards?

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
bcr500
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ok so I’m going to build or buy a nice light for my 4x4x6’11-7’11. I have 20 of the 4 foot bridgelux 2700k cri90 strips on back order as of right now but I’m not real sure that’s the way I want to go. So I’m going to lay out a few options and maybe get some advice from you good fellas.
Option 1: Build the bridgelux strips making two frames with 10 strips each and two hlg 320h-42ab drivers.

Option 2: Build the bridgelux strips making two frames with 8 strips each with the two 320 drivers and using the other 4 for a veg/clone light or even side lighting.

Option 3: Buy a hlg600 diy kit and have it right now.

Option 4: Build my own hlg kit from scratch using all genuine hlg boards. (I have access to solid core wire and at work).

Also I would like to add in some uv and was thinking about using 2 pure uv t5s so I would need to be able to hang the led fixtures at the same height if possible so I’m guessing I would have to over drive the bridgelux strips to be able to raise them up high enough for the uv?
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I faced a similar decision earlier this year. Ended up with some of these;

https://www.growlights.ca/320-watt-fb28 ... light.html

I've built dozens of lights over the years, but for me the value of these kits is undeniable. I have a hard time DIYing for less.

HLG also makes a 320 product - I would go for 2 of those vs 1 hlg600. The 600 is a beast and besides offering better flexibility and some redundancy (what if one driver fails?) The 320's are a lot easier to move around. Also you end up with 6 QB's instead of 4 which mean better efficiency and better penetration
Run 'em soft