Who sells and affordable control box

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
yahaauser
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Anyone sell on of these that is made, It is fucking redic the lack of concise and clear how to make one and jesus am I sick of looking for a box
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

just built a Home Assistant Box ,not hard ,very friendly
randorson
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm looking for the same thing. Home Assistant Boxes do not seem easy to me. Looking for something that is plug and play.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

you dont have a Raspberry Pi around ? seriously its not hard . Home Assistant is open source and super friendly , plenty of information on the web , buy a RPI4 or a NUC with a couple of Sonoffs and ESP32 / ESP8266 and you're in business . what do you need to monitor/control ?
you can buy a genuine Home Assistant box here :https://www.home-assistant.io/blue/

but only home assistant will be preinstalled , no sensors ,no switches ,no automations , you have to do all that by yourself .
randorson
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Don't have a raspberry pi around, have never even seen one in person. First time hearing of a Sonoff or ESP32 / ESP8266.

I would like to be able to control 24 LED lights that are each powered by 2 mean well drivers.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

open and close it at X time ? or also dimme if to hot ? what is the brand/model of your driver ?
Last edited by stud on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randorson
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Open/close at X time (dim on on off would be great, similar to gavita master controllers sunrise/sunset feature). And control brightness via pot or software.
Dim if too hot would be a nice feature but not a necessity.

Currently I use a pot on each light to control brightness, and a Titan Helios lighting controller and digital timer to control the light cycle.

Titan controller I use currently,
https://www.titancontrols.net/shop/prod ... er-cords_1

timers I use to control the Titan device,
https://www.amazon.com/Century-FD60-U6- ... a47aa18b69
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

ok but you said you wanted to control your light drivers , no ? if your LED Drivers are PMW compatible , you dont need none of that crap . 8-) all you need is a ESP with a PWM Mosfet driver .
randorson
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Can you give me an example of an ESP with a PWM Mosfet driver?

Are these separate devices or do some ESP's include a PWM Mosfet driver?

I understand what PWM is and how is works, and I am now aware of ESP's, I also have a simple understanding of mosfets. but the combination of these things is confusing to me.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

it's a mini arduino . we love ESP32 and ESP8266 because we can easely flash it with tasmota or esphome and becomes very easy to connect to home assistant .
alot of smart devices are based on those 2 chips , like the Sonoffs (smart switches) , i have all my sonoffs flashed to tasmota . my esp32/8266 some run Tasmota , some run ESPHome .
you plug the Mosfet driver to the ESP board via the i2c bus ,you have a good example here with the blower , the concept is the same :
viewtopic.php?p=22605#p22605

dont forget that your LED drivers most be PWM compatible and you need a Mosfet with the same voltage as the PWM of the LED driver .
if you have this driver , the one i'm planning on buying soon , the same setup above with the blower will work
https://www.meanwell-web.com/en-gb/ac-d ... 240--h--ab