Tasmota 9.2 apparently now supports EZO Sensors

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

is this nice or what ? time to start working on the EZO-PMP , i will start with the pH- ,i only have 1 pump .

Official Site : https://atlas-scientific.com/peristaltic/ezo-pmp/
if you're Canadian like me , RobotShop got them available :https://www.robotshop.com/ca/en/atlasscientific.html

LEDG you put pure PH Solution in your jars or dilute with water ( distilled or RO ) ? the mason jars i have , the lid is metal, will probably rust fast ...
Attachments
atlas ezoph + cal - HA.png
atlas ezoph + cal - HA.png (7.63 KiB) Viewed 3336 times
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Yeah just pure in mason jars. The lids don't rust unless you cut them. Been looking at moving into erlenmeyer flasks with rubber stoppers.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Morbidbystander
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I like what I see. I'm guessing these codes are being added to the configuration.yaml file? Where would you fire off the commands for calibration? I know nothing about tasmota and very little about yaml. I ended up doing everything pulling in entities on Esp32 Home and running them on Node Red.

Tasmota looks very promising.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Morbidbystander wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:07 pm
I like what I see. I'm guessing these codes are being added to the configuration.yaml file? Where would you fire off the commands for calibration? I know nothing about tasmota and very little about yaml. I ended up doing everything pulling in entities on Esp32 Home and running them on Node Red.

Tasmota looks very promising.
the calibration you can send the commands directly on Console of Tasmota ,or create a script for each calibration on Home Assistant , i did not added the sensor on HA yaml , HA discovered it .
here's a example of the script for PH7 , you will have to create a script for PH4 and PH10 also .
Attachments
HA_Script_example_EZOPH.png
Morbidbystander
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I was looking over HA and don't seem to find any tasmota just tasmoadmin. Is that the same thing? And do I need anymore add ons for it to function properly.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

you have the Mostiquo Broker addon installed and configured on HA ?

is tasmota configured and connecting to it ?

tasmoadmin is not needed to make it work , its more if you want to manage a lot of tasmota devices .
Morbidbystander
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I see whats going on. I thought tasmota was an add-on, my mistake. Apparently it's a whole new rabbit hole to fall down. Lol.

My system is running on an Arduino mega and an esp32. With the very little research I did on Tasmota it doesn't look compatible. I will definitely revisit this when I have time. I'm planning to add EC, temperature, and probably a flow meter as well.
LEDG wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:19 am
Yeah just pure in mason jars. The lids don't rust unless you cut them. Been looking at moving into erlenmeyer flasks with rubber stoppers.
Nanshin Glass on Ebay is a great lab glass company. Fast shipping and good quality glass that's not over priced.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Morbidbystander wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:48 pm
I see whats going on. I thought tasmota was an add-on, my mistake. Apparently it's a whole new rabbit hole to fall down. Lol.

My system is running on an Arduino mega and an esp32. With the very little research I did on Tasmota it doesn't look compatible. I will definitely revisit this when I have time. I'm planning to add EC, temperature, and probably a flow meter as well.

you can watch this video to have a idea on HA + MQTT + Tasmota :
he's using a smart switch as a example , but its the same for all tasmota devices , i use Tasmota on Sonoffs , Switchs , and MCUs .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOg5qwO3Rh4
Styles211
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Could someone explain the steps to adding the EZO sensors to Tasmota? I cant seem to wrap my head around the procedure. Do I use the terminal and punch in (#USE_EZOPH) or some other program?
Thx!
john1450
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

@stud did you ever figure out how to control the ezo-pump with tasmota?