Namaste 🙏

New? Say hi!
hypnotechie
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello all,

I am a keen grower in the UK, north west part of the Greater London region.

I've mostly dabbled with easy plants such as tomatoes, strawberries, radishes etc, but this year I'm in the process of trying out chilli peppers.

Late last year I had set up a kit to grow hydroponic lettuce where I set up my own light using:
- Super High CRI 97+ 5M Daylight White [5600K] 5630 SMD LED Flexible Strip 12V 300 LED
- Aluminium back place from a 27" HP Monitor (inspired by
- 12v Adapter
MVIMG_20200610_214009.jpg
PXL_20210218_202028013.jpg
PXL_20210207_144305645.jpg
I've decided to push the hydroponics aside for now as I will try and push this outdoors into a greenhouse where no added light will be needed (from April - Sept)

My small project now only seems to fill a small space because I think I stuck the strips too close together (I'm new at this!) and I've used up the whole 5M in this space.

I'm trying to build something which I can now use in a small greenhouse I wish to build outside so it can manage layers of shelving's with heat mats and lights to get plants going.
GreenHouse Sketch.jpeg
PXL_20201230_150040627.jpg
The lighting will only be installed during the first couple of months e.g. Jan-Mar to kick start the plants and there after maybe be packed away for the rest of the year (I'm guessing this).

Although not a LEDGardener related post, but I also tried out some home made composting with horse manure đź’©
2021-02-19 01_38_27-Clipboard.png
2021-02-19 01_39_48-Clipboard.png
I come here to build a wealth of knowledge and hopefully share some of my adventures with you.

Thank you for having such a grateful group.

HypnoTechie.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Peppers are a lot of fun to grow. Thanks for joining and sharing your horse poop pictures!
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
R^2
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Growing peppers is fairly straighforward, just be careful you don't overwater them and you should be fine. If you have any questions about soil, watering, light amount just pm me. We are probably on the minorities in here since it seems like you aswell don't grow cannabis. Our light needs are slightly different from those guys so you don't have to build as powerful units as they are bulding. Oh, and welcome to the forum fellow capsaicin brother!
hypnotechie
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you R^2

I used to grow cannabis many years ago (almost 20) when I was in college.

It was just a rush to try something out where so many people had such passion in a substance and the amount of politics that was involved in this subject.

Turning 37 I think I can come back to the field of gardening but doing it legally in my country.

Mixing tech and nature is what fascinates me as well as organic gardening (my manure picture might give that bit away).

A lot of research has gone into cannabis. I wish similar amount of effort was put into producing food.