Grow Journal: Strawberry Banana

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Hey bro - how’s the grow going?
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:10 am
Hey bro - how’s the grow going?
Its getting there. Im looking to harvest in about 3 weeks. Theyve pretty much grown into the lights, but I think because my lights are so spaced out, its not burning them. Humidity has been really low lately, and I think its stressing them out.
Attachments
ED95B783-F015-4482-9556-BFB68CA664D2.jpeg
C36232CB-1554-4527-90D9-7AA74EAFDA62.jpeg
B4C63D7A-7569-4CD8-98C7-BB843573DD22.jpeg
1219F288-AE71-49F4-80B8-F6A379EED8BC.jpeg
32FF96B3-B019-4512-83F5-2B401F426CD9.jpeg
7A7117CF-90DA-42B9-A213-281DBC464EF4.jpeg
1FDC2DAD-AA2B-4776-A763-AF69EF601922.jpeg
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

They look great... stacked and frosty, already.

Do you have anything vegging for the next run? Based on projected results - do you think you'll let 'em grow out the same way again?

Fingers crossed for problem-free finish.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:04 pm
They look great... stacked and frosty, already.

Do you have anything vegging for the next run? Based on projected results - do you think you'll let 'em grow out the same way again?

Fingers crossed for problem-free finish.
Thanks!

I dont having anything vegging right now. A friend gave me a Citrus Sap clone, which is a GG #4 X Tangie, and I left it out on my balcony to just grow in the sun. Its got to about 2 feet tall and started flowering, which is a first, since I have a nearby street light that keeps my balcony lit up all night. I was going to use that as a mother, and propogate the next veg cycle, but I'm not having alot of luck cloning this flowering plant. I took 8 cuts and got 2 to root, and that took about a month. California is going recreational Jan 1, and then I can walk into any dispensary and grab some decent clones, so thats my plan for the next cycle. Because I wasnt able to get enough clones for the next veg cycle, its going to throw off my production schedule by about a month, but its not a big deal since I'm having trouble getting rid of the bud I have and am going to have.

I think next round I'll top them several times and put up a SCROG and see if that spreads them out a little bit better. Also these plants got way too tall, it doesn't look it in the pics, but these plants are almost 4 feet tall.

I think winter helps the pest problems, as I havent been doing anything expect some ladybugs, and everything is fine so far pest wise. I did overnute them a little bit, but it should be fine.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I went to water my plants last night and I noticed one of the plants had about half of the buds taken off. As my box is outside on my balcony, I thought someone jacked me, but then I noticed the nugs on the ground of an adjacent plant, and some more nugs behind the flowering box. Upon further investigation I noticed the stalks are all chewed up as well, and there are mice droppings behind the box. So instead of going to the gun store today :) Im going to get some sticky traps from the hardware store. The nugs that got ripped off were nice though... I thought I had my bug problems solved and now this, it never ends...
Attachments
C6D47704-71B2-4BF6-A4F6-52F43AC40EC1.jpeg
BE7DDB53-F04F-4CF7-A727-C67FB6160C63.jpeg
8702AE19-64CC-40F3-81BB-3E311B9DE8D5.jpeg
453D3D58-1C77-406A-93DC-41AA94C9E918.jpeg
hounddog 420
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Oh wow: that suxs, I feel for the girls and hope you catch the rodents.. GL
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Ted wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:15 pm
I went to water my plants last night and I noticed one of the plants had about half of the buds taken off. As my box is outside on my balcony, I thought someone jacked me, but then I noticed the nugs on the ground of an adjacent plant, and some more nugs behind the flowering box. Upon further investigation I noticed the stalks are all chewed up as well, and there are mice droppings behind the box. So instead of going to the gun store today :) Im going to get some sticky traps from the hardware store. The nugs that got ripped off were nice though... I thought I had my bug problems solved and now this, it never ends...
Whoa - so what are you thinking, something with 4 legs or more (rodent or insect)? :twisted:

For those of us who've seen (know) your space, we know it's roughly a 2 x 4 x ~6' tall - and, that your 5 gal pots can be, somewhat, recessed in your space - so yea, they'd have to be, like, 4ft or more (if they're growing into the lights).

One thing you mentioned seems like a great idea. I think we've talked about it, but you and I are going about it, slightly differently... monster-cropping.

I have a plant flowering that I think is a keeper (it's putting out lots of good sized, solid buds)
PuTang_Spread.png
PuTang_Spread.png (13.99 MiB) Viewed 1686 times
  • That's three separate plants, grown to 6 nodes, topped and flowered
  • Imaginre if I'd given it a week to re-establish itself before flowering... :oops: :cry:
These are the choices I'm weighing:
  1. Take a cutting from the flowering plant (which is always a good idea IF you have a good performer)
  2. Pull the weakest plant and reveg to make a mom - all resulting cuttings will be monsters
  3. Do nothing... wait, harvest, reveg
I believe the resulting new growth will be Monsters.

If anyone has data that refutes these reveg statements, please correct me.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Holy hell, that's some serious damage! Time to exact your revenge...
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 pm
Ted wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:15 pm
Whoa - so what are you thinking, something with 4 legs or more (rodent or insect)? :twisted:

For those of us who've seen (know) your space, we know it's roughly a 2 x 4 x ~6' tall - and, that your 5 gal pots can be, somewhat, recessed in your space - so yea, they'd have to be, like, 4ft or more (if they're growing into the lights).

One thing you mentioned seems like a great idea. I think we've talked about it, but you and I are going about it, slightly differently... monster-cropping.

I have a plant flowering that I think is a keeper (it's putting out lots of good sized, solid buds)

PuTang_Spread.png
  • That's three separate plants, grown to 6 nodes, topped and flowered
  • Imaginre if I'd given it a week to re-establish itself before flowering... :oops: :cry:
These are the choices I'm weighing:
  1. Take a cutting from the flowering plant (which is always a good idea IF you have a good performer)
  2. Pull the weakest plant and reveg to make a mom - all resulting cuttings will be monsters
  3. Do nothing... wait, harvest, reveg
I believe the resulting new growth will be Monsters.

If anyone has data that refutes these reveg statements, please correct me.
Its hard to know if youve got a winner until flowering is almost done. Previously Ive taken a ton of clones off of plants before flowering them, like 60 off of 6 plants, and started them all and then as the mother plants go through flowering, pick out the clones from the mothers I liked. With monster cropping its much easier, since you can just grab the cuts off the plant you like after theyve begun to flower. I like the reveg idea, its just you'd need to have the veg space for it. I think for alot of people, especially those in plant count limited areas of the world, moster cropping makes alot of sense.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Just a quick update, just started my flush. One of my six plants died due to the mouse attack. Lets just say they sleep with the fishes now. Of the five remaining plants, one they removed most of the buds off of, except for the topmost, which is glorious now. This strain didnt yield what I had hoped, but they’re very frosty and smell great. I didnt train the plants at all, so next timearound Ill do some more training to even out the canopy.

I plan on hanging them whole in my bathroom and then trim them up.
Attachments
AF516D53-A293-4344-91A4-6E05B9470467.jpeg
2BFD5984-8805-47E2-AC1C-9EC352D2810E.jpeg
1A2D25AB-3F57-442C-99D7-8DD9BFDA3E9F.jpeg
0FEB54D0-2546-42A4-BFFF-669A93119A24.jpeg