ESP issues

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
vdelgatto
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

cnselpaso wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:32 pm
Hi VDELGATTO,

I am new to this group also and I also built the Automation System you did.
I am impressed with the layout of your components in box and the way you setup the Peristaltic Pumps is great.
Was able to get ESP32 communicating with the Mega after some troubleshooting.
Did you use the HX711 for weight measurement for water tank? If so were you able to calibrate it?

Thanks,

CNSELPASO
Hello, thank you! I spent a little extra time, designed and milled the acrylic components on my CNC machine. It was fun adding a little personal touch to things haha. i did get everything up and running as it should and yes i do use the HX711 for the weight measurements, i was able to calibrate it but after about a week it suddenly stopped working. im not sure if the HX711 board went bad but im going to purchase a replacement and see what happens hopefully i can figure it out, as the scale readings are a key component to the dose nutrient script as well as the stir nutrient script. in the meantime i removed the scale condition from the stir nute script so that it still functions but just have to keep an eye on the water level so i dont run the pump dry.
vdelgatto
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:56 pm
ESPHome is pretty great. OP and I managed to get his control issues all worked out.
yes, thank you again LEDG for all of the help. have you ever encountered any issues with the HX711 not working? i got mine up and running, calibrated it and thought i was finally done! After about a week or so the readings from hx711 stopped showing up. it just says 0.0kg constantly. If i attempt to recal it just shows 0.0kg as well. Board has power for sure and the wiring is correct. Maybe just a bad board?
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions: