Help Me Use My Multimeter..

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
myxin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So I've never used a multimeter and I want to measure the current going to my 2 wavy boards. I've got them wired to a hlg 320h c2100a and want to adjust the internal pot. The boards each have a set of wago connectors built in and then a set of separate + and - ports on either side. I've got them wired up in series in the wagos. Unfortunately I'm using wire nuts and got everything taped up already..
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

To measure current, you have to break the circuit somewhere to insert your meter probes. The other option is to use a clamp ammeter to measure current - this way you don't have to break it apart.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

do you have any extra wagos? wire nut will work also... take the + out of the first board wago and run a small piece of wire from the board + to a wago/wirenut. with the + you took out of the board hook up another wago/wirenut. then hook your probes between the two wago/wirenuts.

same thing for the second board.. you just use the - from first board( running to the + of the second board)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c7v7hl1qrc&t=63s Ledgardener's multimeter video.. 9:22 the current part starts.