Buying the samsung lm561c s6 diodes

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

These are the only offerings of this diode. Wish I was wrong the tech guy took 15 minutes to figure it out.

https://www.digikey.ca/products/en/opto ... s%20lm561c
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

The engineer at Digikey definitely has to deal with a huge range of gear so I don't blame him for not knowing, but those of us who have put in the research have checked on this.
Attachments
lm561c strip.png
lm561c strip.png (49.44 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

But are they S6 or S5?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

That information is not shared. I can only assume that they would use their best for their product though.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I guess you must be right, could that mean the f series are s5 and the h series are s6. I need to investigate further. Think I'll go back to digi-key chat. Thanks for looking at this for me.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

mr blue wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:48 pm
I guess you must be right, could that mean the f series are s5 and the h series are s6. I need to investigate further. Think I'll go back to digi-key chat. Thanks for looking at this for me.
No problem. I think if you’re going to investigate, your time would be better-spent with a Samsung rep as I really, really doubt Digikey will be able to tell you.

If you find out, please share!!!

mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Just talked to another gent at digi-key, he said he would contact samsung and make the enquiry, he would have to get back to me next week by email, I will report when I hear from them, thanks for the feed back LEDG.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

mr blue wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 am
Just talked to another gent at digi-key, he said he would contact samsung and make the enquiry, he would have to get back to me next week by email, I will report when I hear from them, thanks for the feed back LEDG.
There are tons of people that want the answer to this question so I’m very eager to hear the answer. Thanks for taking the time.

de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

hey, saw this thread and thought it was interesting enough to create an account to post here. It seems like interesting that an actual Samsung employee would make that comment, and I'm hoping that this will help clear up that lm561C diodes are being used on the strips from Samsung. On the data sheet of the F-Series Gen 3 strips, on pg. 15 of the pdf under the 4. Certification and Declaration test and cert. portion it says compliant to: photo biological safety (LM561c LED).

I'll attach a screenshot of the pdf and it in its entirety, and I hope this clears things up a bit.
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 10.12.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 10.12.43 PM.png (102.26 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
pdf for F-series gen3 strip:

https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sh ... -01-05.pdf
de la soil
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Sorry if this had already been clarified btw...Only saw the first pg. of this thread initially.