Buying the samsung lm561c s6 diodes

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 pm
That information is not shared. I can only assume that they would use their best for their product though.
That's the sort of thing that would make an official Samsung-HLG partnership so worth the money, without even bringing anything new to the table.

(I'm afraid that HLG affiliates in Europe have their boards shipped China>>USA>>Europe, making the price bump silly high, but for North American gardeners I'd give both thumbs up.)
mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey de la soil, just for the record it was a digi-key employee that was unsure of what samsung chip was on those strips, hoping to find out exactly what is on the f and h series offered by digi-key.
mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Well they didn't completely answer my question on the f&h series strips. Looks like they only answered with regard to the h series and did not say whether they are the s5 or s6 series, perhaps reading thru pdf's on link will offer more info, must rush off this morn but wanted to post this.

RE: SI-B8V05128HUS LED Inquiry
My name is Glenda, and I work with Andy. He is currently out of the office, but wanted to be sure you receive confirmation of your inquiry, in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience while we check with our Product Manager for the information. Please see information below.
Any questions, please let us know. Thanks, Glenda
I can say for certain these are from the Samsung LM561C series. Based on the CCT and lumens per watt output specified per emitter for those strips the part should be 1510-1286-2-ND.

1510-1286-2-ND
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/5766179
Chabbuddy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Im not sure whats going on in this thread...to early to read the whole thing .... sorry :)

Definitely lm561c in the F series, ignore the rep. Deal with that on a daily basis at job for other stuff, most are not very knowledgeable on what they actually sell (IT related). Tech data, Ingram, Sinnex, etc... most of the sales reps are clueless on what you are actually buying if you ever need them to replace a part that isn't in stock with a compatible component.

As far as the binning code goes....

I thought the binning code is clearly displayed on the strip? See page 16 : https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sh ... -01-05.pdf

I picked up 4k f562b's over a month ago and clearly shows "-S07" where indicated by the legend (#4) on page 16. Am i misinterpreting something here?

Now if someone could help me figure out the voltage binning i would love to know that. I think i searched every doc and best i came up with is its not determinable from the data on the strip. Also i thought i read it could be a mixed batch on a strip which is why it isnt listed anywhere.