Pc grow box setup info

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

FREESCRAVEN wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 pm
Ok Jolly Green thanks, the 3 strips setup was what i had in mind, but i'm a bit confused.
Correct me if i'm wrong
HLG-40h-20 is a constant current driver 20v 40w 2000ma, so you meant a series wiring, right?
The eb 1 foot strip has max drive current 700ma with a voltage of about 20v and about 14w.
So 3 strips wiring in series need a 700ma(or less) and 60v driver.
With HLG-40h-20 i'm running each strip at 2000ma not 666ma as you said and only 20v output.
Am i doing something wrong?
hlg-40h-"Volts (20)" CV+CC driver.. you split the current at a constant voltage in parallel.

hlg-40h-"ma(500-700 I don't think they exist because I couldn't find one to link in this post why I used apc-25-500) is a CC driver. it adds the volts together while keeping a constant ma thru the whole series wiring.

you flopped them 😁. the cv+cc still confuses me sometimes... how it's cv until it is over powering what ever it's supplying then it switches... 😄
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Another way to remember it..

if you see really high amperage and low volt range it's CV+CC = parallel

if you see a really wide and bigger volt range but a normal amperage current we use its CC = series normally... you can wire parallel with a CC driver.. just the math gets more fun 😁
FREESCRAVEN
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ah ok i did not understand it was a cc+cv driver :D because i've read cc driver on mouser... and of course my lack of knowledge on this subject :D
Many thanks again!
bubblincrude
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'm beginning a similar build. Any updates to how yours worked out?
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

If anyone is trying to decide on the right case to use for such a build, I recommend the Antec P280. I used a P100 for my grow case after a week of researching the optimal configuration and price, but if I were to do it again I'd use the P280 for its extra height.