Hi From Canada

New? Say hi!
xfc129
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi Everyone

I'm interested in indoor growing in a 4x4 space, was curious about running HPS in the 600 - 1000w range but realized that will be too hot, use up too much energy and will lead to me needing to run an air conditioner etc which will just increase operation costs, no thankyou.

I'm basically looking for a diy solution to replace the HPS setup that will last me for a few growth seasons and save me on electricity costs, if i have to spend a bit more for a higher quality setup that is fine, but i really want to get a good "bang for buck" system,.

I found this forum mentioned on reddit and thought i would take a look! WOw, lots of information, still not sure where to start. Im hopign to find out how many LED's i will need for this grow space and where to source all the components, ill keep digging and searching

if anyone has any suggestions where to look, please let me know! I still need to figure out how to determine how many watts i need for my 4'x4' space, what temperature etc, not sure if to use COB's or not, looking for something DIY friendly.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

welcome to the forum 😁

yeah there is tons of info to dig thru on here 😄. basically any topic that is on fire always a good read.

http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-bu ... #more-2416
LG'S diy strip build blog is freaking sweet! first read about each strip then check out the 4x4 builds.. even gives rough costs for the systems.. there's also a calculator on the blog page to play around with.

I love my quantum board kits!!! for the shear ease of diy.. no thermal paste/tape.. screw it to heatsink.... + to +... - to - ..... a.c. side wall plug... done! I also run 4 288's over a 4 x 4 in a 5 x 5 tent on a hlg480h-c2100b.. that 480w driver is equaling my 1000w hps single ended all day long!!

you can build anything you want!! mix strips with cobs.. quantums mixed with monos.. etc etc
the beauty of diy 😁
again welcome!!