Growmau5 100W 48V 2A pucks for $50 (220pc lm561C)

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

As said earlier, this puck only makes sense if you use those heatsinks. A major selling point of mid-power SMDs is that you can spread them apart and save $$ on heatsinks. If you already have the heatsinks, you already have COBs on them, and the change to a PCB would be fairly minor. I'm really not sure what the economic sense of this is. But then again, I'm not writing his business plan and best of luck to him.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I think the main appeal is that the spectrum on these pucks has been tuned for horticulture by chilLED.

Also, from what I've seen on Instagram, it also seems like they can be run quite hard on these sinks - If I recall, GM5 was running at 2.3A or so, at ~45V. Not sure what size of heat sink is required, but 100W will produce a lot of light if you're willing to sacrifice some efficiency. I think the fact that the pucks take up a good chunk of the heat sink's surface area allows you to get away with running so much power, whereas a COB that's taking up far less surface area with the heat concentrated in that small area will run into trouble at the same power.

We'll see a thread with the official specs very soon on here.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

led mafia
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

https://chilledgrowlights.com/our-produ ... c-100w-pcb

Its alive!
Damn these are so cool I want one even if I don't need it. What 660 are they using?
Shkronis
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Such a great idea to utilize 140mm, glad GM and Mike working out new stuff. It's not worth it for me to replace V29's and 3590's with this and Samsung strips works better for me at this point due to a price of the strips and heat sinks.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Grower wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am

Its alive!
Damn these are so cool I want one even if I don't need it. What 660 are they using?
I would assume the Cree XP-E 660nm. since that's the style of diodes they use on the far red pucks and the Emerson strips.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 pm
Grower wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:58 am

Its alive!
I would assume the Cree XP-E 660nm. since that's the style of diodes they use on the far red pucks and the Emerson strips.
I suppose so. I got some 3500k eb2 strips and I think adding some reds could be helpful. Maybe from aliexpress since they come mounted on a star pcb.
sweeper
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:38 pm
I watched Gromau5 read this thread live on his Instagram stream last night. Pretty hilarious stream.

No way did he? danggg I am really out of touch! moving has had me too occupied!
Scubascrog
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I ordered 8 of these :D I will be driving them at 100W each. should be shipped at the end of the month when the next batch gets released. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
chancewokc
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

This is my first post in the forum.. I saw these for the first time yesterday.

I am ordering 2 tomorrow...