Platinum Bubba with HLG 600

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

That's what I figure about a gallon every 2-3 days. I'm now doing hand watering on top as well since the drippers do not fully saturate the whole coco substrate. I feel it be too dry through out the whole medium. I just ordered additional drippers for the next round for the blumats and on the table adjacent, I'm going to run a top feed with floraflex caps. The buds are small but very dense and frosty but seeing they have over 20 more days to go, I wish to see them swell up a lot more. Only time will tell.
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Night time shot again taken at day 43. They are fattening up
Attachments
P_20180323_001534_vHDR_On.jpg
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Just got done drying 8 days at 68° 50% RH whole plant hung. Had to trim up some just to taste.
Attachments
P_20180419_165350_vHDR_On.jpg
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Beautiful looking buds!

So what was the outcome? dry Grams/watt?
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Buds are frosty and not as dense as expected. Tastes extremely smooth even with only one week cure. I've given out about four ounces to friends and family on 420 and feed back was great. Total wieght is TBD for I still have more trimming to do. If I were to guess i would say 1.5 gram a watt incuding airy larf on the lowers but around 1.3 gram a watt of good flowers.

Notes for this run:

Blumats are great for watering but not if you're trying feeding drain to waste.. No run off and not enough capability to do so. One would require more drippers. I feel I did get a salt lock out at week 7 and had to flush with drip clean and chopped at day 60. I wanted to wait till around day 73, give or take. Not all plants looked close to ready with tricomes at 10% clear, 80% cloudy and 10% amber and some 80% cloudy and 20% amber. I blame this on operator error with using blumats. in hind sight, I should of did additional hand watering.

So all in all, HLG quantum boards are solid. Room stayed 72~84F day and 65~67f nights with a total of five lights (not all HLG). Humidity was kept at 60~70% for veg and 45~55% in mid flower and lowered to 40% to finish. I will be working on converting the whle room to HLGs in the fall. Next run on the HLG qauntum table, twelve wedding cake cuts from seed junky genetics in 2.5 gallon pots, drain to waste with floraflex caps. happy growing!
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Buds are frosty and not as dense as expected.
I have the same problem with my 500 watts f-series led compared to my HPS light.

Maybe there is a lack of red spectrum & too much blue? I will clone my mother plant & try to compare white led & white led + red, same wattage, same clone.
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I ran the all 3000k boards. Maybe the spectrum played a roll but I feel the watering was the culprit. Would be nice to add more reds but I believe there's plenty of reds in the spectrum already.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

As I can see from the 3000k chart from HLG & Samsung LM561C the red spectrum is dropping quickly.

I think I will try to add some 680-700nm red to my spectrum as Fluence do. I kinda trust Fluence, they seem to put a lot of research in their lights and I can see they have a lot of deep red in their main product, the Spydr. (see PhysioSpec Indoor spectrum).

Maybe it'll also play a roll in the Emerson effect. A lot of people think that the Emerson effect is working with 700+nm but I've read more than once that it's only a sweet mix of 680-700nm & less than 680 nm.

I think the lack of deep red in the 3000k HLG & LM561C Spectrum can minimize the efficiency of the flowering stage.
Pebadee
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

The fluence does have seem to have a good amount of reds. I thinking adding a few red pucks or monos to the hlg would be a great idea as well. For cost purposes, I bought the diy 600 but woul love to get my hands on some fluences.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Do you have any recommendation for red pucks? The ones I found are expensive compared to mono.