Koada project (Open-source automation w/ RPI)

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

As I said, the local server will be a core feature of the project. It just won't be as easy as the remote server method & for the problem of picture & privacy, an easy solution would be to store the pictures only on the local controller. The data on the remote server would be the light settings & sensor logs.

I just ordered today an MH Z19B Co2 sensor, I'm thinking about making an automation system for Co2 enrichment.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

CO2 level management is important only during veg, for growers that want to minimize the time it takes to reach a plant size ready for flower. Assuming all other variables (heat, humidity, light, feeding (the right amount at the right pH and EC)) are dialed in to perfection, with the right amount of CO2 you'd get a couple of days less for veg. Which, for a commercial grower, can be worth the effort. Of course it's another thing that's fun to play with, but I wouldn't concentrate efforts on that.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Yeah, this is definitely not a priority. But It will be a great addition to have a complete automation project!
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

ziky
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

It's looking both easy and functional. i love you added the sunrise/sundown already :D will it be able to run on hass.io? also what if there is an internet outage during the time it should switch lights on or off?

Really nice work bud :D
Complex
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

This sounds really cool.
Several vids on youtube doing similar (?) projects with arduino and rasp-pi. I know nothing about'em at this point but I'm getting interested.

Look forward to any progress/updates.

Edit: didn't realize there were two more pages. Haha.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

ziky wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:05 am
It's looking both easy and functional. i love you added the sunrise/sundown already :D will it be able to run on hass.io? also what if there is an internet outage during the time it should switch lights on or off?

Really nice work bud :D
Thank you!

An internet connection isn't required for the controller to work. The controller downloads the config from local/remote server (one raspi can be a controller and a server at the same time) every x seconds. If the controller didn't download the config since x seconds, you got an alarm and there is a push system to force the controller to download the new config.
Complex wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:55 pm
This sounds really cool.
Several vids on youtube doing similar (?) projects with arduino and rasp-pi. I know nothing about'em at this point but I'm getting interested.

Look forward to any progress/updates.

Edit: didn't realize there were two more pages. Haha.
If anyone sees/knows similar projects, please share them with me! :)

I've received the Co2 sensor today:

But I've found a super Co2 / temperature / humidity sensor. I will probably recommend that for the final project.
Complex
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yea this is real cool.

So, there was a youtube channel I was watching years ago, that just at this moment I remembered the correct name for. I searched it up and found that it's still there, although the girl(?) has long since stopped making videos. It's "engineeringismagic" and if you check for that name +grow controller, you'll probably find her videos.

When I say "similar" projects, keep in mind I'm not versed in arduino's and rasp-pi's; I don't know much if anything about them, so I don't know if this is maybe quite different. It's also from 5years ago! At least.

But there's others as well. A quick search for "garden/arduino/raspberry pi + controller" etc will bring up some cool little projects and builds.
Maybe some of these other people, and yourself could share ideas and stuff? I duno. Just throwing it out there for ya.

Engineeringismagic channel https://youtu.be/xdPJF0sn_r8
Practical Engineering channel https://youtu.be/O_Q1WKCtWiA

Just a couple. :)

...Wait, just saw this and it's awesome. Open source. Arduino+Raspberry pi. Extremely impressive to me:
Kirsten Dirksen channel https://youtu.be/BqYrAWssrrY

Peace.
Hyakutak
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I've been through a lot of open-source & commercial projects online, but nothing seems easy & cheap. Most of the open-source projects need extensive electronic & computer knowledge. And the commercial ones are also very complicated systems with complex interfaces.

My goal is to create a very easy system to set up, with fair-priced plug&play kits for the neophyte & documentation /shopping list for the DIYer.
Complex
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

macthezazou wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:21 am
I've been through a lot of open-source & commercial projects online, but nothing seems easy & cheap. Most of the open-source projects need extensive electronic & computer knowledge. And the commercial ones are also very complicated systems with complex interfaces.

My goal is to create a very easy system to set up, with fair-priced plug&play kits for the neophyte & documentation /shopping list for the DIYer.
That's a great point.