I have a 200 watt cxb3590 light will 4 cobs, should I add another 50 watt cob in the middle?

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

wardo wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 pm
unkle_psycho wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 am
...adding two times more modules (cutting current to half)
so 8 cobs?
This is what I'm working on... running quite soft. Increases spread, which allows you to go close. Lighting strategy has to have some kind on relation to the kinds of plants you plan to grow etc. I imagine if you want to use cobs to get deep penetration you will need to run them harder? Personally I'm aiming at getting penetration with strips as sidelighting, because I just want to grow 2 large plants, as here the primary focus of the law is plant count.

I have not had to chance to do a cycle with leds yet, so I cant say about watts and square meters. Currently led users seem to aim for light levels that fluence (brand) would advise using co2 with, and getting close might be as important as having watts....

How tall do you grow/ want to grow your plants, and how deep are your lights penetrating?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"