IT'S ALIVE!!!! ( version 1.2 )

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Complex wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 am
Nice DIY, JGG.
atm I'm in the middle of a upgrade 😁. I'm changing frame work, I'm changing to a hlg480h-54b driver, and adding two more boards when ever they get back in stock.... probably 2700k.

The upgrade is because running 110+ watts thru my slate ones is running too hot! 😁 6 boards at same over all wattage but only 70ish per heat sink will help a ton! 😁 also a 4x4 frame is a pain in the @$$ to solo move in and out of my tent 😁
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

That sounds exciting! My initial QB design sounds very, very much like what you are planning on doing. From the 8 board circular configuration on a RapidLED substrate to the mix of 3500k and 2700k (with perhaps a channel specifically for Emerson effect) to the Bluefish controller controlling all of those channels.
Did you ever end up adding pucks?
You mentioned the heat... How hot are they running? Would active cooling help you more for less than changing out your driver?
What height are you hanging from?
Do you have any par data?
She's so pretty, I just want to know more. Cheers on a beaut of a project.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Professor Xavier wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:18 pm
That sounds exciting! My initial QB design sounds very, very much like what you are planning on doing. From the 8 board circular configuration on a RapidLED substrate to the mix of 3500k and 2700k (with perhaps a channel specifically for Emerson effect) to the Bluefish controller controlling all of those channels.
You mentioned the heat... How hot are they running? Would active cooling help you more for less than changing out your driver?
first thank you 😁

😁 I ran just the 4 boards for a year straight... I never did add color pucks, because I was waiting to see what HLG had coming with added red diodes.. I'm still waiting Lmao!!!

just the 4 boards each on a slate 1 were getting close to 65-70C in the middle of the heat sinks... pushing 110+w is too much for the slate 1's... dropping it down to 70w roughly each by adding the two boards should fix that problem... I'm hoping 50C tops

in veg I run that light at lease 24" if not 30" above the girls.... when I flip it gets dropped down to 18" or so ( I measure my elbow to my first lol it's 16-18")

😢 nope.. I have no data.. I should of threw some money at Ted awhile back to rent the apogee meter from him 😄 ( that post in control or general somewhere)

thank you again for the kind words!! 😁 I just love fiddling around with this stuff!!!
Aolelon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm
Professor Xavier wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:18 pm
first thank you 😁

😁 I ran just the 4 boards for a year straight... I never did add color pucks, because I was waiting to see what HLG had coming with added red diodes.. I'm still waiting Lmao!!!

just the 4 boards each on a slate 1 were getting close to 65-70C in the middle of the heat sinks... pushing 110+w is too much for the slate 1's... dropping it down to 70w roughly each by adding the two boards should fix that problem... I'm hoping 50C tops

in veg I run that light at lease 24" if not 30" above the girls.... when I flip it gets dropped down to 18" or so ( I measure my elbow to my first lol it's 16-18")

😢 nope.. I have no data.. I should of threw some money at Ted awhile back to rent the apogee meter from him 😄 ( that post in control or general somewhere)

thank you again for the kind words!! 😁 I just love fiddling around with this stuff!!!
Heres what they have coming in the red diode world with Samsung.
https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung ... e-lighting
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Congratulations ! Nice light !
Aolelon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Sativant wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:18 pm
Lol the light build is a year old bro
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Aolelon wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:39 pm
Sativant wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:18 pm
Lol the light build is a year old bro
you don't like it ?
Tune
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Allways forgot to ask....what was the yield of the grow from august last year?
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Tune wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:06 pm
Allways forgot to ask....what was the yield of the grow from august last year?
my simple math... 30g =oz. so 480g= 1lb. my driver is a 480w.. I did nearly 1000g. so just over 2.0 gpw ( 960 = 2.0 ) that time

that was a good run.. I've had hiccups since but still averaging 1.5 - 1.7 range.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Is that running mixed phenos, or clones? How much penetration do you get?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"