Advice

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

General advise:
https://www.thespruce.com/will-my-old-s ... ow-1762539

From high times:
https://hightimes.com/grow/5-tips-for-g ... old-seeds/

There are different protocols for storage of hemp seed. I think the longer term storage is done around -40c, in serious governmental seed vaults.

Anyway, most advise for hard germinating seed focuses on old seed, but for example in Auto's it might be the ruderalis gene or something. It's very common for fresh Auto seed to offer challenges to germination. There are much harder seeds too. If you want to never feel cannabis is hard to germinate, try germinating ginseng or lavender.... even strawberry germination time estimates vary by months, like 3-6months.

Root riot cubes kick ass. I was skeptical, but became a true believer after my first try. Never tried for seeds though. I saw a thread done by a photographer who did extreme closeups. A germinating seed had millions of thin wires coming of the main tap root... we just cant see them normally. For autos everyone knows you need to avoid any disturbance to roots... moving the seed from the tissue will already cause damage. I moved from a coffee filter between plates to coconut plugs. Pretty sure Majoranna is right recommending the root riot cubes.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 pm
I thought I might as well add how I do it.

I soak in water overnight, and in the morning place the seed in a "root riot" cube. (I'm guessing rockwool will do the same, I just don't like touching that stuff.) Pointy side pointing up, about half a centimeter in, just enough to cover it and make sure it's dark. I start with the cube soaked wet, and then hold myself from watering it for at least two days. Then make sure it's moist again. This will obviously depend on local heat, humidity, and air circulation. It just seems to do a good job at keeping the moisture level right.
You plant pointy side up? It should go down. That's where the tap root comes out.
NothinYet is my nickname
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:25 am
You plant pointy side up? It should go down. That's where the tap root comes out.
You're right. Sorry for the confusion.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:17 am
sdfoster22 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:25 am
You're right. Sorry for the confusion.
Ummm. Can we stop for a second and marvel?
What is this forum civility on the interwebs.?
How did this not devolve into a flame war?
The people on this site rock.
Gosh I hope it stays that way.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Credit goes to LG!

And while I'm at it with apologizing for mistakes, I think I owe HLG a second apology for previously doubting their collaboration with Samsung. I'm very happy for them (still can't afford it though), and I'm excited about the possibilities this opens up for large-scale R&D in the field.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:41 pm
Credit goes to LG!

And while I'm at it with apologizing for mistakes, I think I owe HLG a second apology for previously doubting their collaboration with Samsung. I'm very happy for them (still can't afford it though), and I'm excited about the possibilities this opens up for large-scale R&D in the field.
That's the good thing about this community. We don't judge. We learn from each other! Everyone is human, we all make mistakes. = D

I know I've given bad advice. He'll, I've seen ledg make some mistakes here and there (very little though lol,) but like I said, we all learn and move on!
NothinYet is my nickname
SMC85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

That's one thing I like about forums we learn from each other which is awesome for someone like me who is a noob when it comes to this stuff so want to say thank you all for the advice I have been getting on my post much appreciated 👊🏽💪🏽👽💨💨💨
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

SMC85 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 pm
That's one thing I like about forums we learn from each other which is awesome for someone like me who is a noob when it comes to this stuff so want to say thank you all for the advice I have been getting on my post much appreciated 👊🏽💪🏽👽💨💨💨
I was a total noob 3 months ago. Since I'm pretty good at diy stuff, research, and have basic algebra, geometry skills, I learned a lot from here in a short time, and enjoy helping others when all possible.
NothinYet is my nickname
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

How are those seeds coming along? anything sprouting?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
SMC85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

No luck 😞 so I put them away which probably no good but I am going to try them when I get back from vacation I leave in August so I don't want to pop any seeds and still feeling kind of bummed about my harvest I took it down early because I didn't have a microscope which that is something I want to buy and on top of that it molded a little which pissed me off because I didn't pay attention to it because of long hours at work work 2 jobs missed 3 days of burping the jars but they look ok now but the taste isn't there and the smell when it's in the jar it has a good smell but when it's out no smell