Driver matching for (4) Samsung LT-Q282A Strip Build

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
anthony
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys, I'm looking around the Meanwell site, admittedly not very experienced in this department, but I'm trying to determine the best driver for my situation. Lacking confidence in my decision making abilities, I'm hoping that someone from this community would be willing to lend their experience and advice.

The idea is simple. 4 1' Samsung Q-series strips (2 SI-B8T051280US and 2 SI-B8R051280US) in series @ 500-700 mA. I would like dimming via potentiometer, however that is not a deal breaker. I keep looking at drivers that I think are overkill (like the HLG series). The ELG-75-C700 looks cool but the dimming is in-built; for transparency the reason I'd like to add a dimming knob is bc I am "hacking" an old grow LED and the driver will be inside an enclosure). Lastly, I may want to add a 5th strip in the future, but again, this is not a deal breaker in the decision making process and probably totally unnecessary for my application too.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks guys and gals.
anthony
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I decided to scrap dimming and go with an apc-35-700. The 4 strips will do fine and this will fit nicely in my case.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Instead of giving you the answer I'll give you this link. You can try to figure it out from this. Post what you come up with here, or if you're totally lost, I'll work it up for you.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1180
NothinYet is my nickname
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

That driver should. Work great!
NothinYet is my nickname
anthony
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

A successful led retrofit. I won the lamp on eBay for $1, it had bad fans but when I got it and saw all the threaded holes in the heat sink, I figured this would be convenient with the strips. It didn’t line up exactly how I wanted but some thermal paste made it good enough. I have room for two more so of course I already want to mess with it more. And I’m glad I didn’t let a potentiometer sway my driver choice, it isn’t needed.
Attachments
66D94A63-C0A1-4A44-AC50-2A970F0FCCCF.jpeg
09576F22-D631-4AA3-843C-6FC722B8A647.jpeg