320W XL QB V1 LED KIT - Assembly help.

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Monkeyglass
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the above HLG kit. It's not as straight forward as i was hoping for being completely new to electronics and LED.

I've tried following the youtube assembly guide. I've copied that exactly to the point of attaching the heat sink and wiring the boards and I'm unsure where to go from there. Hoping someone could draw up a diagram or something for this poor fool. I've tried searching online but to no avail.

Also I live in Australia, will this change anything in regards to everything I've already done following the youtube assembly of the one board and two board builds ?

Thanks in advance for you help, and apologies for my ignorance.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Do you have a link to where you bought the kit from? Some resellers use different drivers for the kits.
NothinYet is my nickname
Monkeyglass
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I certainly do.

https://au-ledgrowlightsdepot.glopalsto ... -light-kit

Also i'll try be a bit more specific about what I've done.

I've got all 3 boards screwed in the dc side 3 wires are connect in the water proof casing. Black wire to Brown , Green to Green/yellow and white to blue.

I've then got the other side brown and red wire connected to a wago, Black and blue connected to another.

Now I'm wondering how i do the rest of the wiring into the three boards ( IF ALL OF THE ABOVE IS CORRECT ) and also does it matter where/how i screw in the heatsink?
x86ricer
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Monkeyglass wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 pm
I certainly do.

I've got all 3 boards screwed in the dc side 3 wires are connect in the water proof casing. Black wire to Brown , Green to Green/yellow and white to blue.

I've then got the other side brown and red wire connected to a wago, Black and blue connected to another.

Now I'm wondering how i do the rest of the wiring into the three boards ( IF ALL OF THE ABOVE IS CORRECT ) and also does it matter where/how i screw in the heatsink?

Sounds like you have your AC side all hammered out. Here is a color code chart to reference.
electrical-wire-gauge-chart-uk-best-guide-to-color-coding-for-international-wiring-international-of-electrical-wire-gauge-chart-uk.jpg

Now the DC wiring will depend one which driver was sent.

If you were sent the HLG-320H-C1750, then wire it up like this:
HLG QB288 HLG-320H-C1750.png
HLG QB288 HLG-320H-C1750.png (8.42 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

If you were sent the HLG-320H-54, then wire it up like this:
HLG QB288 HLG-320H-54.png
HLG QB288 HLG-320H-54.png (7.82 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

You will have to overlook my crude drawings, I'm just a yank after all. :lol:
Hope this helps.
Last edited by x86ricer on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeyglass
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

x86ricer wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:15 pm
Monkeyglass wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 pm
I certainly do.

Sounds like you have your AC side all hammered out. Here is a color code chart to reference.
electrical-wire-gauge-chart-uk-best-guide-to-color-coding-for-international-wiring-international-of-electrical-wire-gauge-chart-uk.jpg

Now the DC wiring will depend one which driver was sent.

If you were sent the HLG-320H-C1750, then wire it up like this:
HLG QB288 HLG-320H-C1750.png

If you were sent the HLG-320H-54, then wire it up like this:
HLG QB288 HLG-320H-54.png

You will have to overlook my crude drawings, I'm just a yank after all. :lol:
Hope this helps.

Not crude at all, thanks heaps! I've tested the lights. BLINDED myself. Jesus, people aren't kidding about these things.
Now I did wire slightly different to the diagram so i do want to double check with you that things aren't going to turn to fire with prolonged use.
My centre board is turned upside down. So I've wired it sort of differently , but it's still all - to + as in your diagram, will this be fine?
x86ricer
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Oh holy moly.. I messed up that diagram. The way I had it wired only the center panel would have come on. I edited the post and put in the corrected drawing. Sorry about that mate. Point being as long as its is wired in series you will be fine.

Here is another example that is easier to follow.
HLG QB288 HLG-320H-C1750_2.png

I would like to buy the same kit you bought, but I would rather have three separate heat sinks so I could have a little more flexibility in spacing of the panels. Maybe one day I will get a chance to work on a project of my own.
Monkeyglass
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Monkeyglass wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:12 am
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the above HLG kit. It's not as straight forward as i was hoping for being completely new to electronics and LED.

I've tried following the youtube assembly guide. I've copied that exactly to the point of attaching the heat sink and wiring the boards and I'm unsure where to go from there. Hoping someone could draw up a diagram or something for this poor fool. I've tried searching online but to no avail.

Also I live in Australia, will this change anything in regards to everything I've already done following the youtube assembly of the one board and two board builds ?

Thanks in advance for you help, and apologies for my ignorance.
Haha, that's funny man. Only because my first attempt following the diagram It wasn't the centre that turned on , but the right side . I must have failed incredibly at following it.

Thankyou for your help though and I hope you get there with your project!