Where to Buy Parts

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

some probably do.. but it's most likely outrageous in costs to get it there.

I got e-mails out to HLG, Cobkits.com, Photon Fantom Designs and ChilLED Tech about international shipping.

RapidLED has this in there shipping part of the homepage

"For international orders the cost of shipping only includes freight charges from our warehouse to your location. The shipping fee does not include any possible taxes, duties, brokerage fees, VAT, etc. Please consult with your local authorities on what these charges may be before ordering"
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

JGG - are you in the US or EU?
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm in the U.S.

I got a quick response from ChilLED Tech (I'm guessing gm5 cause he recognized my tag lol) here's what they said about international shipping

"Hey man!

that is awesome, we are just packing up some stuff to send out to LEDgardener to check out.

We do indeed ship internationally. UPS international has beat DHL on pricing and brokerage for us, so our international options are USPSint. and UPS international, UPS will most likely be the fastest cheapest option for people.

we have a live shipping quote tool on the site, any interested DIYers can get a quote right from the site without having to enter payment information.

cheers"

that's awesome 😁

I also noticed that digikey, arrow electronics and mouser electronics all have select language/country on there sites.. so they all have European/worldwide warehouses to ship from 😁
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

cobkits.com just replied also...

http://cobkits.com/cart/

the link on their site about shipping 😁
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:57 pm
I'm in the U.S.

I got a quick response from ChilLED Tech (I'm guessing gm5 cause he recognized my tag lol) here's what they said about international shipping

"Hey man!

that is awesome, we are just packing up some stuff to send out to LEDgardener to check out.

We do indeed ship internationally. UPS international has beat DHL on pricing and brokerage for us, so our international options are USPSint. and UPS international, UPS will most likely be the fastest cheapest option for people.

we have a live shipping quote tool on the site, any interested DIYers can get a quote right from the site without having to enter payment information.

cheers"

that's awesome 😁

I also noticed that digikey, arrow electronics and mouser electronics all have select language/country on there sites.. so they all have European/worldwide warehouses to ship from 😁
Right on dude, thanks for doing the legwork on this!
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I've changed colors on the links to show where the companies are located, but I wonder if there's a better way to do this - maybe sorted by "ships only USA", or "ships internationally", or whatever.

What do you guys think? Thanks again for sending those emails JGG.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

not a problem man 😁 always glad to help!

with HLG and photon to reply... I'm guessing every one on our list does/can ship anywhere... well anyone that uses the UPS/DHL flat rate boxes. if they/others can flat rate to Canada why not across the pond 😁

after looking at the list all color coded... maybe change companies to distributors?? or where they distribute from?? digikey, arrow, and mouser must have multi distributors around the world since you can change currency type and language. the list to choose from on them is kinda of big.. not just U.S. and Canadian dollar.

I can't remember if I said so but Cutter Electronics can ship internationally. they based out of Australia.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

Speaking of Cutter - anyone using or know anyone using their Sol-Skins?

I'm really surprised we haven't heard more about these, especially since we're all talking about adding mono-reds.
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

bvolt wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:21 am
Speaking of Cutter - anyone using or know anyone using their Sol-Skins?

I'm really surprised we haven't heard more about these, especially since we're all talking about adding mono-reds.
Cutter emailed me a month ago, asking for my address to send a sample. I responded with my info right away but they never followed through and ignored the emails I sent to follow up.

Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

didn't know about them.. but DAMN!!! they sound awesome!!! I like the tool to play with the current input.

http://www.cutter.com.au/products.php?cat=Sol-Skin
it took me a few minutes digging to find them so here's the link for the rest of y'all 😁 I didn't see the search button at the top until after lol