Constant voltage/parallel system over powering

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

The safest bet for a parallel constant voltage build would be the a version of the driver. That's what I would recommend.
NothinYet is my nickname
miketoasted
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I went with the B version because I wanted an external potentiometer that can be controlled wirelessly. That seems to be much more difficult than it sounds.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Just wanted to chime in that strips will pull over their rated max without hesitating if given the voltage to do so. The max rating is only referring to how much current the strip can safely take and doesn’t have anything to do with how much they will pull. If you feed them a high enough voltage with a CV driver, they will pull all the current you can give them and probably blow up.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
miketoasted
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Sounds like a good reason to go constant current then. The A version does seem to be a better choice in that it seems to only deliver the higher current when required
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:07 pm
Just wanted to chime in that strips will pull over their rated max without hesitating if given the voltage to do so. The max rating is only referring to how much current the strip can safely take and doesn’t have anything to do with how much they will pull. If you feed them a high enough voltage with a CV driver, they will pull all the current you can give them and probably blow up.
I forgot to stress that point!
NothinYet is my nickname