Led technology for microgreen

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Timothypaul26
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:17 pm
If your not limited on budget, there is hardly a better solution then covering the entire canopy evenly with the most efficient leds on the market.

I would love to do this in my MMJ room. Has anyone done this? I'd love to see pictures and PPFD mapping results.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

it would allow to run pretty cool, and probably very close to the canopy. I saw a thread on RIU about some alibaba sellers qb copy with 800 diodes. It was 30x90cm if I remember right, and some guys in the thread did cover their entire grow space.

This looks like it:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 7434jkkFuI

Everyone in the thread seemed very happy with their results, though I doubt the diodes are legitimate. Just the board was something like 70$, and covering everything would probably allow you to run it soft enough to forget about heat-sinks. Might be a great solution for someone who does not care what diodes they really get, as long as it works. For me even if I'm not using the most efficient leds, I can calculate their output pretty precisely.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

But these atreum boards would allow that, there would just need to be quite a few.

ATREUM! how about some solution for people who want to cover the entire canopy... larger boards, is there any technical difficulty?
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Timothypaul26 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:39 pm
unkle_psycho wrote:
If your not limited on budget, there is hardly a better solution then covering the entire canopy evenly with the most efficient leds on the market.

I would love to do this in my MMJ room. Has anyone done this? I'd love to see pictures and PPFD mapping results.
This is effectively what I've been promoting with futuregrow, to apply 50w per square foot with high diode density for big light and big efficiency... A modular approach using one board per square foot.

One of my customers runs four of my 400w luminaries over two long dwc bins, covering an area 2.4m x 1.2m edge to edge with diodes... 32 boards with 320 diodes each, total of 1600 Watts.

This setup is going get some crazy results.

I already did the ppfd mapping for this in a 1.2 X 1.2 space. Can send you the results if you're interested. I posted them up in my original thread a few months back.
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Futuregrow wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:22 pm
Timothypaul26 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:39 pm
unkle_psycho wrote:

This is effectively what I've been promoting with futuregrow, to apply 50w per square foot with high diode density for big light and big efficiency... A modular approach using one board per square foot.

One of my customers runs four of my 400w luminaries over two long dwc bins, covering an area 2.4m x 1.2m edge to edge with diodes... 32 boards with 320 diodes each, total of 1600 Watts.

This setup is going get some crazy results.

I already did the ppfd mapping for this in a 1.2 X 1.2 space. Can send you the results if you're interested. I posted them up in my original thread a few months back.
Link it please!
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Professor Xavier wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:39 pm
Link it please!
Here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1124
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:08 pm
But these atreum boards would allow that, there would just need to be quite a few.

ATREUM! how about some solution for people who want to cover the entire canopy... larger boards, is there any technical difficulty?
There's no technical limit on making larger boards. We have some new products in the works to address this!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm surprised more companies are not going for the whole 'cover the entire canopy' approach. I imagine you would have different diode densities for different target ppfd's. 200 for salads and herbs (main inside crop) etc.
gravity
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'm using four Atreum 144 boards in a 2' x 4' space for micro greens. Working nicely.

Meanwell HLG-240H-36A driver which can be dimmed using on board POT with a small screwdriver.

Drivers mounted externally, so dimming is easy.