Using A 3D Printer In A Build

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
demoneye
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've just put together an array of 22 LED strips and thought I'd share some pictures of the clips and mounts I 3D printed to keep the build tidy and organised. If you build a lot of lights then definitely consider buying a cheap 3d printer.

I designed all clips (apart from the Wago mounts) in Tinkercad, a free 3D design package from AutoDesk. Here's a picture of my library of bits I designed.

clip1.JPG

I added a 100K linear sliding pot to dim the array for working under the lights - a switch allows me to turn the dimming circuit on and off.

clip2.jpeg

Different clips

clip3.jpeg

I needed to bend the LED wires around and under the array to reach the strips. I designed a 2 part clip that would take the wires and bend them 90 degrees.

clip4.jpeg

Here are two of them sandwiched together to bend the wires.

clip5.jpeg
Norcorider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Very cool! I have a buddy that’s going to be doing a couple litre pieces for me on my build
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Neat! Which printer are you using?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
demoneye
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:46 pm
Neat! Which printer are you using?
It's a cheap Anet A8 (about $150) - takes a bit on tinkering to get good prints, but a great introduction to printing.