Samsung Q Series Strip Build (LM301B)

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

More to come...
Attachments
7C109F08-3D2B-4020-97D0-C6991E1423B6.jpeg
7C109F08-3D2B-4020-97D0-C6991E1423B6.jpeg (2 MiB) Viewed 2839 times
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Holy shit! Yes!

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :shock:
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Yes, please! <3
Klausi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys! total newbie here. I assume those are the most efficient LED Strips on the market right now?

Greetings :)
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Klausi wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 am
Hey guys! total newbie here. I assume those are the most efficient LED Strips on the market right now?

Greetings :)
They are, however the LM561C varients are pretty good themselves and substantially cheaper. I believe these are between 5-10% more efficient than the LM561C lumen-wise.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Another thing to note with these strips is that all the strips in the Q family are configured to run at the same current. So the one footer, two footer and four footer are all rated for 450mA, with increases in voltage corresponding to the length. This is in contrast to the H series strips, which were all wired to run at about 24 volts, with increases in current corresponding to increases in length.

For the Q series, this is obviously helpful for use with a constant current driver, wired in series, as you can mix and match different strip sizes and keep them all on the same constant current driver. The H series strips were really meant to be used with a constant voltage driver, and parallel wiring, as all of the different strip sizes would run at the same voltage.

Just food for thought. I’ll be putting this together this weekend. Its actually for my kitchen, as Ill be replacing 4-foot fluorescent tubes with these. Also, I’ll have them hooked up to AC dimmable drivers and connected to a homeseer z wave dimmer switch controlled by google home. I'll try to cover all that in a future post.

It might not be a horticulture application, but for those interested in doing so, hopefully, this can provide some help to those that are interested.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Kitchen lighting with LM301B. You are such a baller!

I like that current is the same between them all. I doubt that many people would ever be mixing lengths for our application, but if you buy a bunch of drivers for one length and decide to switch to a different length for a different space, you could reuse the drivers at least.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Klausi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

That sounds awesome! I started getting into LED lights just recently and I might plan a setup with the Q series for a 2.6ftx2.6ft grow space. I really hope i can throw in a question or two in the future since all this is a little overwhelming for now. im really hyped though :)
Humple
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Klausi wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 pm
That sounds awesome! I started getting into LED lights just recently and I might plan a setup with the Q series for a 2.6ftx2.6ft grow space. I really hope i can throw in a question or two in the future since all this is a little overwhelming for now. im really hyped though :)
Get ready for a new addiction, my friend! I've said this before, but DIY'ing LEDs reminds me so much of building PCs. It's a very rewarding hobby.
Klausi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Im already hooked lol. I know I will have a lot of use for it in the future because I just got into indoor gardening recently and im really excited for all of this ;)