Parallel Wiring with Wago Connectors

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Aurust
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I was wondering how everyone wires in parallel for 6+ LED strips using wago connectors. I can only find wagos with 5 ports and have 8 strips to connect together and want to wire all directly to the power supply.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Just take one of the 5 ports and go to another 5 port wago.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
CanadianClosetGarden
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I'm going to use these for my build my light. They just came in the mail today :)
20180201_164302.jpg
20180201_164302.jpg (5.9 MiB) Viewed 3204 times
Cheers
CCG
Strelok
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Basically this:

You can also use 2 x three port Wagos per strip in this way: wire in, wire out to LED strip +/-, wire out to next wago
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Yup. You need to make sure your wago-to-wago wire is thick enough to handle the current though, as there will be a lot of current on these runs in big systems. The wago-to-strip should be fine as 18 gauge (and you can't go bigger since the connector won't take it), but you may need 14 gauge or bigger to connect the wagos up to the driver and to one another, depending on the current level.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Stefan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Can you use each port with 2 wires and the 5th for the negative/positive? This is what I've done when I had no 5-port wago and had only 3-port on hand for the 4-parallel wiring that I am using.