SPD Simulator for DIY Builders

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Chiefrunningphist
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Due to changes made here at LEDGardener, folks can no longer post files other than images. Jump over to GC to download.

Click here to download "SPD Simulator v5.1" ...
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/spd ... s.1571898/
SS.png

How I digitize Graphs...

SPD Simulator v5.1 run through...

Good luck :mrgreen:
Last edited by Chiefrunningphist on Thu May 21, 2020 1:01 am, edited 11 times in total.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Fascinating, thank you! I really want to try it!

I just tried to open the low-res binary version on this laptop (8Gb RAM, linux w/ LibreOffice) and the libreoffice process proceeded to gobble up all 8 gigs of ram until the laptop went kaputt :lol: . I'll try on my desktop machine (16GB ram) later.

Not being able to open an excel file on LibreOffice would be a "Mission Accomplished!" for Microsoft, so I'm not surprised.

Just tried opening the low-res macro version, at least it opened up.
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm getting a dialog box asking me for a password, I hit cancel but it keeps popping back up to the point where I can't do anything with this spreadsheet because it's now 100% of the time asking me for passwords.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Good job on the video @Chiefrunningphist
I will give this a try when I have some time
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Chiefrunningphist
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Shimbob wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:44 pm
I'm getting a dialog box asking me for a password, I hit cancel but it keeps popping back up to the point where I can't do anything with this spreadsheet because it's now 100% of the time asking me for passwords.
Not good!

This is how you fix that...
Tools - Options - Load/Save - General - Save: Uncheck Save Autorecovery information every: 10 minutes

Also you'll have to enable macros if you haven't...
Tools - Options - Security - Macro Security: select the "Low (not recommended)" circle to enable macros. You will have to close out and restart LibreOffice for the changes to take effect.