Bridgelux gen3 slim CRI90 test results

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Greenmadness wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 3:19 pm
Hey @TEKNIK how low do you think one should run these eb gen 3 strips at for 3.0+ umol/j?
Probably about 300mA. Not sure if it would be worth it.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Greenmadness
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks @TEKNIK you are a treasure to the growing community.
Also other then UVA, do you feel that anything else needs to be added to the EB gen 3 2700k?
Ive been thinking about using the 3000k eb gen 3, and just adding a smidge more 660nm and a little bit or 730nm.
Thanks for all your help!
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The only reason to add more 660 is to increase efficiency, I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle.

730nm on a separate channel is a good idea for end of day.
The 2700K cri90 from bridgelux doesnt need more far red as it is and it would have a negative effect adding more depending on the strain.
People get a little fanatical about using the latest new suppliment lighting around and its not always needed.

If you build a light with a good spectrum apart from adding near UV (400-440nm) the next step I would make before chasing anything else would be side and undercanopy light.
Trials that are going on with a product I made is showing really good results and definitely better yields.
This new product is in production now and will be for sale in about 2 weeks.
I personally believe that this is where you will gain much more than you would by chasing efficiency in your main light or adding more red.
Results so far can not be disputed, the product works and works very well.
Maybe take a look at my Instagram to see a little of whats being tested if you are interested.
Greenmadness
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:09 pm
The only reason to add more 660 is to increase efficiency, I'm not sure it would be worth the hassle.

730nm on a separate channel is a good idea for end of day.
The 2700K cri90 from bridgelux doesnt need more far red as it is and it would have a negative effect adding more depending on the strain.
People get a little fanatical about using the latest new suppliment lighting around and its not always needed.

If you build a light with a good spectrum apart from adding near UV (400-440nm) the next step I would make before chasing anything else would be side and undercanopy light.
Trials that are going on with a product I made is showing really good results and definitely better yields.
This new product is in production now and will be for sale in about 2 weeks.
I personally believe that this is where you will gain much more than you would by chasing efficiency in your main light or adding more red.
Results so far can not be disputed, the product works and works very well.
Maybe take a look at my Instagram to see a little of whats being tested if you are interested.
Ok awesome thanks man you truly are the best.
I’ve been following you on IG for a while and when those buddy lights are available I’ll be grabbing a bunch. And hopefully your UV lighting to when it comes out!
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

A few people have asked me or IES files for these strips, I used to be able to zip them and add them here but it seems to no longer work. Anyone have any ideas how to share them here?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:42 am
A few people have asked me or IES files for these strips, I used to be able to zip them and add them here but it seems to no longer work. Anyone have any ideas how to share them here?
Should be able to do .zip again now Tek.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Here are the IES files for the Bridgelux gen3 2ft lengths
Be sure to add the dimensions in when you use them in DIALUX
furijosi
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi TEKNIK,

I just bought some of those EB 2700K 90CRI strips instead of the samsung F-Series because I saw your testings. Thanks for that really helpfull information!
May I ask you, at which distance you had the lamps from the luxmeter? I can't find this information anywhere, sorry!

Thanks for your work, really appreciate! :)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

furijosi wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:11 am
Hi TEKNIK,

I just bought some of those EB 2700K 90CRI strips instead of the samsung F-Series because I saw your testings. Thanks for that really helpfull information!
May I ask you, at which distance you had the lamps from the luxmeter? I can't find this information anywhere, sorry!

Thanks for your work, really appreciate! :)
The test i do are not with a lux meter. Its with a goniophotometer
tazztone
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

wanted to buy some of these. but digikey replied:
"Part number BXEB-L1190U-30G3000-C-C3 is a non stocking item for Digi-Key. Non stocking means we no longer house this part here at Digi-Key. We can special order this part for you though there is a minimum order requirement of 180 pieces. Lead time is approximately 9 weeks. "
:(
8$ for 1.2m or 4000lm is cheap tho