Wiring advice - 4 Drivers - 2 Potentiometers - 2 Drok DC meters

Discuss garden automation systems and software here, including commercial products or Raspberry Pi and Arduino DIY setups.
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey guys, Im going to be attempting to put my meters into my build today, and im hoping anyone has any wiring diagrams or some help to get me through this.

I have 2 drivers per array connected to 1 x 50k pot so i can dim them simultaniously. Now my Drok Meters have arrived

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... 48I5&psc=1

and im a little ( no, very ) confused as to how to wire these all up.

Can I connect 2 drivers to 1 meter ? As I have 2 drivers running 6 x cobs each per, array in series.

Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

they can be easy to install.. looking at the pictures of the one you linked on the back it shows . your dc from the driver goes to the inner two +/-'s then the wire to the cobs is the outer two +/-..

as for hooking up multiple drivers to one meter would depend on what the meter can handle.. the link says 100V 20A... if your wired parallel with each driver using under 10A then yes you can...

I'm thinking they are too small for series wiring... even 3 36V cobs is over the 100V range or the meter... I'm guessing with 100v max and 20A max they are designed for parallel builds 😢

hopefully LG and or other's will say the opposite and tell ya a way to use them!!
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 pm
they can be easy to install.. looking at the pictures of the one you linked on the back it shows . your dc from the driver goes to the inner two +/-'s then the wire to the cobs is the outer two +/-..

as for hooking up multiple drivers to one meter would depend on what the meter can handle.. the link says 100V 20A... if your wired parallel with each driver using under 10A then yes you can...

I'm thinking they are too small for series wiring... even 3 36V cobs is over the 100V range or the meter... I'm guessing with 100v max and 20A max they are designed for parallel builds 😢

hopefully LG and or other's will say the opposite and tell ya a way to use them!!
I had a funny feeling that this may be the case. Haha me and my bloody impulse buying, didnt think this part through really :lol:

Cheers JGG :oops:
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

haha I'm not the only one then.. "oh I might need this. oh crap it's wrong size.. oh well now I got parts for future builds!" 😄

cheers man 😁
Huktonponics
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:00 pm
haha I'm not the only one then.. "oh I might need this. oh crap it's wrong size.. oh well now I got parts for future builds!" 😄

cheers man 😁

Ive done it 3 times this week, with wire, meters, sealing glands lol, im on a roll :lol: