Samsung strips single vs double row

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
P-NUT
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I see people recommend the double row f series strips over the single row. Is there any reason aside from heat sink cost and ease of wiring to go double row vs single. I would assume, although I could be wrong, that the single row would give a more even spread. Can anyone give me pros and cons of each?
Chabbuddy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

P-NUT wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:58 pm
I see people recommend the double row f series strips over the single row. Is there any reason aside from heat sink cost and ease of wiring to go double row vs single. I would assume, although I could be wrong, that the single row would give a more even spread. Can anyone give me pros and cons of each?
If im not mistaken he is probably planning on maxing out a 600h-48A on 12 singles or 6 doubles. Running between .9 (when dimming) up to as close to 1.2 as the driver will allow when needed. 1" vs 1.83" heat sinks from HSU.

Does the density of the doubles over power the sinks at that power could be one question?
Chabbuddy
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

One thing i can think of is that may need to run the doubles a little higher above canopy to get the spread better? Same principle applies to QB's since they are clustered a lot tighter on the diodes.