Is Samsung horticulture light worth it?

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
costis
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Why does the DIY LED strip guide recommends Samsung F-series and there is no mention about the Horticulture SI-B8T502560WW ? Is there anything wrong with it except from that's twice the price? :D Like perhaps OK, it produces a lot of light but only 1/4th is usable by plants.

Basically, I have some sun-hungry plants near the window (tomatos) covering around a 1ft x 10ft area and only a few hours of sunlight per day and I would like to build something that assists the natural sunlight, hence the question. Will the Samsung F-series or Bridgelux EB Gen.2 do for my purpose? Would it be better to get a light like this one from led-tech.de which seems to have more wavelenghts?
Midnightsun72
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

At 32 dollars each running around 50W to build a 600w light let's say you will need 12 of these strips.

So 12x32=$384
Plus 200ish for two 320W or one 600w driver.
Plus aluminum frame costs and wiring and double sided tape. Quickly it's adding up to costing close to a ready made light.

En gem 3 Bridgelux strips would make for a lot more bang for the buck for example at $11 per 4fter which can easily run 38W. You could make a 600w light with 16 EB gen 3 strips for $176 in strips. So less than half the cost on strips. You can also add 660nm strips from different suppliers like LED teknik does red coloured buddies. And cutter does some really nice and cost effective 660nm strips using Edison leds 112 diodes per strip.

But white diodes alone can grow great the way they are.
costis
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yes, this is how I take it too, I asked in case I'm missing anything important. Thanks!