Just another newbie help me thread

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If they are the ones I'm thinking they are with my pc blue chip then I would say about 2.4m/joule @500mA

I havent tested them all made up into that board yet. I know how the Crees perform and my pc blues perform so it will be pretty close to that.
I did get a spectrum reading a while ago and the spectrum is a bit nicer than whats advertised on the cutter website
I will try to do a formal test soon, pressed for time at the moment and need to get some others done first.
Its probably the best value for money true full spectrum going around though, I did the math on in all for Diggs99 a few months back and that one won easily.

When using closer to UVA micromouls per joule doesnt really work all that well.

You end up loosing in the math although the PC blue and Cree 3030 have the exact same efficiency in Milliwatts.
The reason why most companies are scared of using near UV and UV colors is they don't want to show test results as they will always be low because of the way things are calculated.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hey I have been away for a while. Thanks for the info!! I've been following diggs threads over at riu. Looks good!!

Btw do you have your new strips out on the market yet?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ledgen wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:29 am
Hey I have been away for a while. Thanks for the info!! I've been following diggs threads over at riu. Looks good!!

Btw do you have your new strips out on the market yet?
Not yet, I've been far too busy, 17 hour days are not unusual for me.
Cutter will have some new products using my chips soon. There are other strips in development that will be using my leds soon also. COVID really made a mess and caused alot of delays and other issues. Things are starting to get back to some sort of normal but its thrown everything out by about 6 months or more, its just been an overall PITA

I dont think Diggs has done his new build yet, it shouldn't be far off though
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Damn 17h workday thats insane! May I ask what your day job is?

Yeah covid has fucked up everything really bad. We are seeing some improvements in that situation here as well, but still a bit nervous how it looks workvise in the fall..

Anyways I'm still waiting on my order, and the sad thing is that Mark over at cutters has been ghosting me for 6 weeks now.. Still hoping for those strips but I don't really know whatsup anymore.. So best to have a plan B if he can't deliver, that's why I'm curious of the progress with your leds :)
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Maybe your messages are not getting through. Try Mark again
My job is LEDs
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

They are getting through both on riu and email.. He probably has a good reason why he's mot getting back to me..
Anyways. Could have guessed you worked with leds :roll: :D
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Strips on the way in a day or two. Getting HYPED :mrgreen:
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Okay It´s been forever since I started to plan this build, but I´m finally almost there :D I´m about to start wiring everything together and want to check with you guys before doing anything stupid.
I also have a few questions how I should do things.

So this is how I plan I would wire it together.. Theres 20pcs 48V strips in 2 fixtures with heatsinks. All will be wired in parallel to reach ~480w at 500ma

So I have some questions.. First safety.. The strips I have doesn´t have any protection on terminals, are there any "of the shelf" caps to buy, or do you guys just hot glue them to protect youtself for a short?

On the picture above. Does the grounding look ok?

Is there a better / more preferable way to wire these?

Thanks!
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm going to make the same suggestion I made here, which is too many strips in parallel off the first strip means that first strip has to handle more current than necessary. It would be better to split the power with wagons/terminal blocks before connecting the strips.
Ledgen
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Awesome! Thanks for the tip, just what I was looking for. Is there any general rule how many strips/amps you should not exceed when it comes to daisy chaining / parallel wiring?