How to use the whole plant?

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Tassetapir
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Say for example something happends and you have to cut them 3-4w away from harvest. The thought about just drying them and smoking the buds as usual doesent make me to exited..

This scenario makes me think about if it wouldnt be better to try extractwhat thc there is? Butane, bubblebags/Ice, infused oil, what else? This metod to extract thc so this plant generates atleast some potent product.

I imagine that a plant thats frosty and have so been for a couple of weeks would give something if I used bubblebags to make ice-hash? Or what metod are the best in this situation? Maybe some solvent, order strong ethanol, like 80-95% from ebay or something? Butane? I really dont want to use butane.

And this question:
If i would like to make the most of the whole plant, what would be the best way to go? I imagine that if I use bubblebags i would get the tricecs rich in thc, but other good stuff stay in the plant material. So i thought that it maybe would be a good idea to make the ice-hash, save the plant material and dry it again. And then do something else, my thoughts are going the food/edibles direction.

Maybe just dry it and make it powder and stuff it into gelatinecaps and use. Btw here im thinking more medical. I expect to get the most thc in the first process, try to extract as much as possible just in order to get to the primary goal, yepp youre right, that goal is to produce some product. Some product that gets u stoned.

The secondary thing is to use the rest of the material for health or medical use. Maybe just put it in the blender to make a smoothie?

Anyone understand what im getting at? English is not my primary language. So i dont feel so free expressing myself. Im not sure you guys would understand my english lol

Best regards
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

You can look at videos from green house seeds, on youtube. They follow their plants week by week, and measure the cannabinoids. After 4 weeks, there will probably only be 1-2%/20%.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Your English is far better than many native English speakers for whom it is their only language. :D
Chandeona
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Every part of the plant contains cannabinoids. Leaves, stems, even roots. I don't know if leaves would have a higher CBD / THC ratio compared to buds.

I've been eating leaves and buds for a long time with no ill effects. I heat dry them until they're crispy, then grind them into a fine powder, then sift the powder with a mesh strainer to remove the big chunks. I use the bud powder and leaf powder in capsules. I'm sure you could cook with them too. Cooking doesn't destroy the cannabinoids unless you use too high of a temperature.
Who would venture upon the journey of life, if compelled to begin it at the end?
All the best, Chandeona Diceus
H0m3B0Y
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Actually eating just dried (or fresh) plant shouldn't have much effect on you. You'd need to decaboxylate them to transform cannabinoids into biologically active form. This happens when you add a bit of heat.
(https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-10 ... boxylation or search google for example temperatures and times)

When you smoke it, the heat of the fire/vape decarboxylates cannabinoids before they reach your lungs. Anything cooked/baked will also decarboxylate them to get you high.

But if your plants are so far away from the end, it might be best to just throw them on compost heap or something.
Tassetapir
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Good evening fellow stoners :lol:
Yeah i know about a lot of different things to do with the plant and about decarbing and those things. I was thinking maybe you could share your personal favourite?

What have worked out best for you?

I have tried a lot of different ways, i think it is fun to experiment.
Of course ive been cooking with cannabis :mrgreen:
I have tried out a lot of different recipees, guides and instructions or decarbing.
My favourite is to use hash here. To make hot coco or brownies.

If im using the whole plant i think i have had the best result with cannabutter, when u use a big pot and let butter and weed simmer in water for a good amount of hours.

Ive tried making ice-hash with bubblebags, but since that method relies on the tricomes falls of the plant matter i guess this way to extract the goodies is good if you got frosty buds or fanleaves but not that gois when it comes to pull good things out of the green materia? Is there any good stuff in there? I think there is?

Back in the days ive been doing the acetone hash-oil. Where you immerse the dry and grinded material in acetone and let it soak for hours. This pulls a lot of chlorofyl and other shit you dont want i think. It becomes dark and tastes and smells like ass.

Once i have tried to make butane honey oil. So i can not say so much about that. But im a little scared messing with the flamable gas.

So hit me with your thoughts on this and your favourite extracts!

And tell me your believes about how to be able to extract the maximum amount of all the good stuff.
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

My preference would always be ethanol, but I’ve used ISO and butane (as well as various food-grade oils - coconut, VG, etc.).

With alcohol, for every 1/4 oz that goes in, I get about 1000mg of RSO.

Butane is definitely more difficult to work with and I’ve only used this method a handful of times, as the extracted material had more of a wax/shatter consistency after evaporation. Not what I’m after.

The magical butter machine is a great tool for maintaining a steady temp and for periodically agitating the plant material to ensure thorough extraction.
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I prefere the ayurvedic recipe of cooking in ghee (a type of clarified butter).
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:28 am
I prefere the ayurvedic recipe of cooking in ghee (a type of clarified butter).
Now that is some OG Vedic stuff right there. Ancient advice from India.
Share your recipe!
Freeeg0
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Ive tried it all mang.....butane, alcohol, acetone, Ice H is BY FAR DE BEST...IF done properly.
If you want a more full spec. product just run the batch longer. That will automatically include more veg matter.
All the water solubles are lost, but you can make ice cubes or even make ice cannabis vodka cocktails, done it, best part is the shit and farts the day after...you WILL be shocked...smells of freshly smoked skunk butt :shock:
Seriously though invest in some good bags. If you want to use it ALL get the 8 bag set and combine the results of all bags...they'll be various qualities...Quality=veg matter to trichome ratio.
I prefer the full melt Ice H which requires only two bags...totally dabb-able...and NO SOLVENT!
A bit of an art to get the bombomb full melt...ill tell you all I've learned if genuinely interested.
Make hemp paper from the stems...super easy!
Roots?... Compost